Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2014, 10:18 AM

Default Store Report, (Good) Friday, April 18th

I drive up right before 8:30, 3 cars in the parking lot (with me making 4). I walk in and Leon is socializing (of course), and the guys at the counter were bright eyed and bushy tailed. SLIM PICKINGS, but some good stuff if you caught it.

-2 HRA Field Grades (gauging ME/TE 3/5+ each)
-TONS of plastic drill rifles for $25
-4 NM M1's - (those have been there for a while)
-Good assortment of .22 barreled receivers (Mossberg, Rem, Anschutz)
-8~ SPRINGFIELD Specials for $995 -there were even 1 or 2 6 digits in the group
-The usual mess of M1C's and D's, but number had dropped off since my last visit 2 months ago
-Cans of carbine ammo (same as estore price)
-Cans of (cloth) belted K53 M2 (British? Also, they're calling it corrosive) - $110 for 250rds
-Bags of 200ct tracer M2 (looked like most headstamps were HXP, lots of dirty/corroded rounds mixed in) - $100 for 200rds

I grabbed a can of loose HXP and some en blocs then headed home. Hope this helps!

-Mike
Old 04-18-2014, 12:15 PM

Two stinkin' field grades? Gotta wonder why the stores stay open. I'll bet those plastic rifles were just flying off the racks.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennboy View Post
Two stinkin' field grades? Gotta wonder why the stores stay open. :
They wont be much longer.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
They wont be much longer.
As disheartening as that sounds, it may be time. They should probably move to one or two days a week now and then think seriously about closing the NS December 2014 and the SS December 2015.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:02 PM

Default plastic drill rifles

Can I get info on plastic drill rifles,,,are they sold only in stores or can you order one on-line. Don't see them on-line.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:17 PM

Update...Orest was at the store and saved the day; He went in the back to look around, and when he returned he asked Leon and company to bring out 10 Winchester Field Grades... and they were rather nice too!

A forum member helped me come to my senses by convincing me that I had the deal of a life time, a Winchester (1943) with a `43 barrel that gauged ME=2 & TE=2. I put back a `43 Winchester with a repalcement barrel that gauged a ME=1 & TE=2.

I was worried, but a chance to meet some awesome collectors and Orest... No worries, I'm Very glad I came!

I just got home, so pics and video are yet to come...

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 04-18-2014, 01:30 PM

Default Envious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGON64 View Post
Update...Orest was at the store and saved the day; He went in the back to look around, and when he returned he asked Leon and company to bring out 10 Winchester Field Grades... and they were rather nice too!

A forum member helped me come to my senses by convincing me that I had the deal of a life time, a Winchester (1943) with a `43 barrel that gauged ME=2 & TE=2. I put back a `43 Winchester with a repalcement barrel that gauged a ME=1 & TE=2.

I was worried, but a chance to meet some awesome collectors and Orest... No worries, I'm Very glad I came!

I just got home, so pics and video are yet to come...
NICE!!!
I am very envious.
That is a GOOD FRIDAY.
Jim

John Wayne in "Shootist"
Old 04-18-2014, 01:32 PM

The only service grades in the South Store since fall of 2012 that I recall were about three dozen WRAs last summer. I don't believe that CMP will ever catch up on service grade back orders, and we have seen the last of them in the stores (with the exception of a few IHCs when they are released). Even field grades are now offered as substitutions for mail ordered SGs. A store closing timetable has to occasionally be going through Orest's thoughts.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappasue View Post
NICE!!!
I am very envious.
That is a GOOD FRIDAY.
Jim
Thanks Jim... it turned out to be a real good Friday, rain and all.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 04-18-2014, 03:33 PM

I would have liked to have grabbed a winchester