Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2014, 05:47 PM

Default Store Report?

Any store reports today?
Old 09-19-2014, 10:09 AM
Banned

Bump!
Old 09-19-2014, 11:38 AM

Pretend you're riding an A-bomb in a Mel Brooks movie cuz it's Slim Pickens!!

25-30 field grades that would have been rackers 3 years ago.
Lots of drill rifles for $500, and a smattering of other stuff.

The racks are the most bare of shootable rifles I've ever seen. I think this explains the lack of reports.

Sorry but that's what I saw.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paper View Post
Pretend you're riding an A-bomb in a Mel Brooks movie cuz it's Slim Pickens!!

25-30 field grades that would have been rackers 3 years ago.
Lots of drill rifles for $500, and a smattering of other stuff.

The racks are the most bare of shootable rifles I've ever seen. I think this explains the lack of reports.

Sorry but that's what I saw.
THANKS, keeps me from burning a vacation day during the week or wasting the gas and time on a Saturday!
Old 09-19-2014, 11:52 AM

The expensive drill rifles are new wood and new park. For $500 and a new barrel you'd have a new Garand for a fair price.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paper View Post
The expensive drill rifles are new wood and new park. For $500 and a new barrel you'd have a new Garand for a fair price.
You would also need a new bolt. All I saw yesterday had the bolt face welded up. There was at least 30 of these M1 drill rifles on the racks.

I made the drive down from Virginia Beach but here's what I remember. I'm sure there's something I'm missing but its been a long drive back home. I was there when the store opened and there were 6-7 people in line.

15 or so 1903 drill rifles with the barrels plugged, safety's were welded to the receiver and the bolt faces were welded up.

7 Winchester model 52 barreled receivers.

Whole big box of decent looking web slings for $6.

AP ammo 200 rounds for $125.

20 or so M1 receivers on the table for $125. There were a few with only minor pitting below the wood line but most had pitting on the top side as well. Saw 2 six digit's.

No service grades. As previously said 25-30 field grades. Most all met the grading criteria. I found 4.2m to take with me that was in a nicely marked "SA NFA" stock and has a WRA gas cylinder.

About 15 field grade M1D's (all the metal parts looked pretty good but stocks would need some work to look good, nothing major though), 10 service grade M1C's, 3 National Match rifles (one was a 6 digit), 8 .308 special grades and no .30-06 special grades.

There were 4 chromed 1917 Enfield barreled receivers for $25. Only one was plugged. 2 had pretty poor looking bores but may clean up. One had a really nice looking bore. I took this one up to the counter to gauge the muzzle and it is less than a one so I bought this one as a project. I'll be posting a WTB add if anyone has parts they would like to sell.

While I was waiting on my background check to go threw I was looking threw the shelf of barrels. Surprisingly I found a 56 dated one in the 53' shelf so it pays to look threw them all because you never know what you'll find.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:59 PM

Ohh yeah, there were also 5 spam cans of LC on the floor.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:43 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=flying2275;1158049]You would also need a new bolt. All I saw yesterday had the bolt face welded up. There was at least 30 of these M1 drill rifles on the racks.

QUOTE]

If I remember correctly the Op Rods were cut at the end as well rendering them unserviceable.
Old 09-19-2014, 04:03 PM
Banned

Yeah I have been living near the south store for 7 years since I EAS' d from the Marines now. I just got into the CMP this year. I could have gotten everything I wanted back then but now its slim chances of that.
Old 09-19-2014, 04:37 PM

You guys who have been going to the south store often over the years, do they tend to get more generous with stock when we get close to a holiday, such as the up coming Veterans Day and Thanksgiving. I was very impressed with the Winchester release on 8/29.