Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2014, 09:47 PM

I don't understand the $500 pretty drill rifles, or the point of them?? Rather than re-parking and the assembly of "drill" rifles, why weren't operable rifles assembled instead? They're currently 1600 Service Grade rifles behind on mail orders, leaving the stores empty..

And these rifles aren't sold online.. I'm sure there was a reason behind it?? They just seem like an answer to a question that nobody asked. New wood and fresh parked parts on a $500 wall hanger?

Last edited by paper; 09-20-2014 at 06:03 AM.
Old 09-20-2014, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanJ View Post
You guys who have been going to the south store often over the years, do they tend to get more generous with stock when we get close to a holiday, such as the up coming Veterans Day and Thanksgiving. I was very impressed with the Winchester release on 8/29.
I've really never noticed a difference, but then again I haven't been since Dec 2013 I used to go 3-4 times a year since they opened in 2006, but with slim pickings I just can't justify the travel expense.

Keep In mind they do close over the holidays for a 2 week or so period, sometimes longer if they do the inventory as well.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paper View Post
I don't understand the $500 pretty drill rifles, or the point of them?? Rather than re-parking and the assembly of "drill" rifles, why weren't operable rifles assembled instead? They're currently 1600 Service Grade rifles behind on mail orders, leaving the stores empty..

And these rifles aren't sold online.. I'm sure there was a reason behind it?? They just seem like an answer to a question that nobody asked. New wood and fresh parked parts on a $500 wall hanger?
CMP supports VFW and similar organizations, hence their supply of these. Occasionally they offer them for sale to us.
JH
Old 09-20-2014, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Pretend you're riding an A-bomb in a Mel Brooks movie cuz it's Slim Pickens!!
Stanley Kubrick movie:

Old 09-20-2014, 05:44 PM

Quote:

As I recall, Orest told me that they were doing some similar work for the Army. I think it is more likely that the Army is supporting the VFWs rather than the CMP directly supporting the VFW via the Army Loans Program executed by TACOM. Could also be for Army Drill Teams and/or the 3ID RGT (Old Guard).
Old 09-20-2014, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlmann View Post
Stanley Kubrick movie:

Crap.. Swore it was Brooks..
Old 09-21-2014, 11:21 AM

The American Legion post I do maintinace for will be returning two Garaands for exchange, a WRA and an IHC. Both need barrels as the threads on the muzzle end of the barrels are gone.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:31 AM

Don't mean to ask a dumb question but does.everyone here think that Obama and big brother are the reasons for such a selection today at cmp? Or are the supply of Garands just drying up?
Old 09-22-2014, 07:07 AM

stormbird, I would say yes to both.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:08 AM

Liberal driven fears about availability have resulted in orders that are faster than CMP can deliver.. Leon said the Service Grades are 1600 orders behind..

That's what made me wonder about the $500 Drill Rifles, and why time was devoted to unordered/unsold rifles that are to be donated instead of filling standing orders on paid weapons..

Eh.. I don't run the place and I'm questioning issues that I don't have all the information about.. I'm just using common sense with the info I have..