Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2010, 07:10 AM

George you will be missed. My prayers go out to you and your family. Please say hi to my dad, an army veteran, who passed away in 1999 and to my uncle, a Korean War veteran, who we lost last year.

When I was picking out an IBM Carbine a year or so ago at the North store, I brought one up to the counter. George inspected it, told me a few things about it, pronounced it very nice and said "why if this were a girl, this would be one you'd want to take home an introduce mom to." That Carbine went home with me that day. Thank you George, you will always be remembered.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:32 AM

My first North Store trip was made a learning experience by George. After helping me pick 2 woodless Danes and show/explain the features of each, he said " You might like this too" and brought out a correct 5.8. All went home with me that day. But not until I was reminded I needed something tp feed them with.
Thank you George, keep an eye on the store from Up There, and Godspeed.
You will be missed by many.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:02 AM

My prayers to George and his family. I made my first trip to the N. Store in March. I was there before the store opened and he was outside. We had a 15 minute conversation and when the store opened he helped me with my M1D purchase. He was a gentlemen helping me with my questions. I told him I was sorry for bugging him every 5 minutes with a question and he just smiled and said he was glad to help! I am honored I had a chance to meet George.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:07 AM

Thanks Mike. So passes a good man who touched a lot of lives, and we're all diminished by our loss. God bless you, George.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:40 AM

I met him only once and as others have posted, he was above all, a true gentleman. Prayers sent to Mr. Ball's family.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:31 AM

Speedy journey and all X's George

Northland Sportsmen's Club, 2018 President
CMP Match Chairman
NRA Highpower Rifle Chairman
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Chief Range Officer
Old 05-15-2010, 01:30 PM

A good man has left us. First 3 rounds at the range are for George.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:05 PM

George was not only a gentleman with great knowledge, he'd help you locate the jewels among the common at the stores.

Once standing in line before the store opened, George was taking a drag on a cigarette. I asked him if there was anything special to keep an eye out for - he said "There are a couple really nice M1 barreled receivers today." True to his word, there were two WWII barreled receivers with great bores. They built up into fine rifles.

Rest in peace.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:48 PM

Default George Ball

I asked all my fellow Marines who is guarding gates of Heaven. Let George Ball pass with no questions asked. George will be missed by all who met him in life. My prayers are with his wife and family. Poacheru2
Old 05-15-2010, 02:51 PM

Likewise honored to have had George help me select my M1 Garand almost one year ago (Memorial Day Weekend '09). I remember him gauging the first one I brought to the window and telling me there some better ones out there. Will be thinking of him next time I'm at the range with the M1.