Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Tom View Post
I'm driving 8 hrs each way from Florida. I've never done anything like this before . My wife has worked for IBM for 36 years and the only thing she knows about guns is that IBM made M1 Carbines. It said if you mail ordered it was luck of the draw so I figured the chances of getting one was "better" if I went to the store. If I can't find and IBM I'll buy whatever I can just so the trip isn't a complete waste. If I can pick up a manufacturer that might be of interest to someone else maybe I can make a trade for an IBM in the future.
if you are going to do all that you better get there in line the night before or is that days before? Like black Friday, some people line up for weeks in advance!! And once you get in the door I doubt if you will be able to look at them, you will probably be lucky to grab one and hold on to it then try to see another. Look at the tag for maker ID but you probably will be able to just get the one you grabbed first. I have to ask, by the time you drive 8 hours each way, maybe hotel if you do not spend the cold night in the parking lot with one of you on line, is it worth the $$$???? If I wanted an IBM I would just get one from the many places you can buy a carbine.

Last edited by cali201; 01-31-2016 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-31-2016, 05:38 PM

Hope to visit the North store for the Thursday event ! Paper work and cash included just in case.
Old 01-31-2016, 05:38 PM

Quote:
I'm driving 8 hrs each way from Florida. I've never done anything like this before . My wife has worked for IBM for 36 years and the only thing she knows about guns is that IBM made M1 Carbines. It said if you mail ordered it was luck of the draw so I figured the chances of getting one was "better" if I went to the store. If I can't find and IBM I'll buy whatever I can just so the trip isn't a complete waste. If I can pick up a manufacturer that might be of interest to someone else maybe I can make a trade for an IBM in the future.

There is something very wrong with you![emoji5]

If you are going to make that kind of personal investment you better be there the night before
Old 01-31-2016, 05:46 PM

Quote:
I look forward to meeting another ex-sailor in the line. Give me a holler in the am.
Rob
Old 01-31-2016, 05:47 PM

Default Not yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob30-06 View Post
I will have my camera, and since I am not a Carbine Guy, I will be sure to take pictures
Rob
You will need just one carbine to start. They are just like garands
Old 01-31-2016, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali201 View Post
if you are going to do all that you better get there in line the night before or is that days before? Like black Friday, some people line up for weeks in advance!! And once you get in the door I doubt if you will be able to look at them, you will probably be lucky to grab one and hold on to it then try to see another. Look at the tag for maker ID but you probably will be able to just get the one you grabbed first. I have to ask, by the time you drive 8 hours each way, maybe hotel if you do not spend the cold night in the parking lot with one of you on line, is it worth the $$$???? If I wanted an IBM I would just get one from the many places you can buy a carbine.
But then you miss all the fun.
Of course it could turn out like the Field Grade IHC release. My buddy Paul and I went down the night before so we could party with all the guys in line and we were basically the only guys that spent the night in the CMP parking lot.
Spending the night in the parking lot is not as fun if you are the only guys
that showed up
Rob
Old 01-31-2016, 05:52 PM

Long lurker but attempting to get more involved, planning to make the Trip from NC, not really wanting to waste 14 hours driving, how early do y'all think would be early enough to get hands on one? 2-3am?
Old 01-31-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Det. Jason 714 View Post
You will need just one carbine to start. They are just like garands
I got an Inland. Good enough for me.
Course if the Price is right and I don't have to be rude to get one......you never know.

Frankly, I am Waaaaaay more interest in what might be the Rack or Field Grade Garands.

know what I mean?
Rob
Old 01-31-2016, 06:33 PM

Default Yes indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob30-06 View Post
I got an Inland. Good enough for me.
Course if the Price is right and I don't have to be rude to get one......you never know.

Frankly, I am Waaaaaay more interest in what might be the Rack or Field Grade Garands.

know what I mean?
Rob
I'm.trying to.curb my garand habit with a carbine. I would.love to sort through the field.and Rackers.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan View Post
Sent my order in via mail, to avoid this at the South Store on Monday.....

Monday won't be a problem---unless the line starts REALLY early! Thursday will be another story!