Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2018, 09:31 PM

Default Our South Store Report for 15 February 2018

Our friend PH68 is AWOL in Las Vegas for a well deserved break from his volunteer reporting duties of The CMP South Store inventory this week. Don't know how really important someone is to us until he is not here . This is a great man who has helped so many people and we owe him much. He never ask for anything. Hopefully he will be back shortly to report to all of us on the inventory each day when the south store is open. I look forward to his future reports on inventory same garand time same garand channel.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:34 PM

Hey does us all a great service and he is a very nice gentleman when you meet him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2018, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb36 View Post
Our friend PH68 is AWOL in Las Vegas for a well deserved break from his volunteer reporting duties of The CMP South Store inventory this week. Don't know how really important someone is to us until he is not here . This is a great man who has helped so many people and we owe him much. He never ask for anything. Hopefully he will be back shortly to report to all of us on the inventory each day when the south store is open. I look forward to his future reports on inventory same garand time same garand channel.
Wait! Who approved this?

Safe travels PH68!

Last edited by 6Bones; 02-16-2018 at 07:04 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:33 PM

I'll fill in for PH68, as I was there when South Store opened this morning, although my report won't come close to the ones regularly provided by him. I just got home to Illinois after a 10 hour drive. Anyway, here's how it went down:.
There were about 14 of us waiting when the door opened at 0800. I didn't get an exact count of the number of rifles available, but appeared to be about 35-40 in the racks. Several M1D's with scope and cheek piece; one of these went home with a nice couple from Pennsylvania. There were several M1D's sans scope.
On to the rest of the M1's:. There were no Springfields on the racks today. There were no HRA 's, either.
About a dozen IHC Field Grades. IIRC, one of them sported an LMR barrel. Most barrels on the rifles I saw were gauging 2+ to 4 muzzle and throat erosion.
There were about ten WRA Field Grade rifles also, two of which were 6-digits.
As far as I know, Field Grade IHC and WRA were the only manufacturer and grade available at opening (excluding the M1D's and several drill rifles.). All the IHC's I saw were of the "postage stamp" heel marking variety. One of them had a WRA barrel; it now has a new home in Illinois. There was a box of green USGI slings, and maybe a half dozen bayonets on the counter. The staff was super friendly and helpful, and by the time I left about 0930, better than half the rifles that had been on the racks were sold. I also purchased one of the 6-digit Winchesters with a lead-dipped heel and a SA 48 barrel.
Most stocks appeared to be Walnut, with a smattering of birch, and one or two yellowish looking wood I couldn't identify.
All in all, a good day, and I met some great folks from all over the country!
Old 02-15-2018, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
I'll fill in for PH68, as I was there when South Store opened this morning, although my report won't come close to the ones regularly provided by him. I just got home to Illinois after a 10 hour drive. Anyway, here's how it went down:.
There were about 14 of us waiting when the door opened at 0800. I didn't get an exact count of the number of rifles available, but appeared to be about 35-40 in the racks. Several M1D's with scope and cheek piece; one of these went home with a nice couple from Pennsylvania. There were several M1D's sans scope.
On to the rest of the M1's:. There were no Springfields on the racks today. There were no HRA 's, either.
About a dozen IHC Field Grades. IIRC, one of them sported an LMR barrel. Most barrels on the rifles I saw were gauging 2+ to 4 muzzle and throat erosion.
There were about ten WRA Field Grade rifles also, two of which were 6-digits.
As far as I know, Field Grade IHC and WRA were the only manufacturer and grade available at opening (excluding the M1D's and several drill rifles.). All the IHC's I saw were of the "postage stamp" heel marking variety. One of them had a WRA barrel; it now has a new home in Illinois. There was a box of green USGI slings, and maybe a half dozen bayonets on the counter. The staff was super friendly and helpful, and by the time I left about 0930, better than half the rifles that had been on the racks were sold. I also purchased one of the 6-digit Winchesters with a lead-dipped heel and a SA 48 barrel.
Most stocks appeared to be Walnut, with a smattering of birch, and one or two yellowish looking wood I couldn't identify.
All in all, a good day, and I met some great folks from all over the country!
Ok, I can sleep now. All is right in the world. Nice work Cobra!
Old 02-16-2018, 01:32 AM

Default Checking in

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb36 View Post
Thanks Charlie for the nice comments and my wife ordered the vacation for our anniversary so I had no choice. We all know our role with the wibest. But next time I will try to get my leave approve by the Forum board of directors in advance AND post a note�� I will be back on the job next week!!! Good job on report Cobra!!!
Old 02-16-2018, 05:08 AM

I got worried you had the flu or something!

Looking forward to other updates from whoever can give them in your absense
Old 02-16-2018, 06:27 AM

Can you still ship the rifles home or do you have to take them with you?
I know they charge the 10% sales tax now.
Thanks for the reports!
Old 02-16-2018, 07:15 AM

Default Ship or take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army MSG View Post
Can you still ship the rifles home or do you have to take them with you?
I know they charge the 10% sales tax now.
Thanks for the reports!
Must take unless you have 'proof' of flight etc.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:58 AM

Location: Indiana "...upon the east bank of Big Blue River..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH68 View Post
Thanks Charlie for the nice comments and my wife ordered the vacation for our anniversary so I had no choice. We all know our role with the wibest. But next time I will try to get my leave approve by the Forum board of directors in advance AND post a note�� I will be back on the job next week!!! Good job on report Cobra!!!
I'm sure Mr. Johnson would blame management!

Have a nice vacation, Tom!