Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2018, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57years View Post
Thanks. I just do not know how u guys/gals have the time to know/identify all this. I have wide expertise in much but not M1. I feel like I am completely left out. Please point me to the best place to start research, or better yet, who can I contract to find what I should put in collection. What to learn, but think it might be beyond my life expectancy to catch up. Thanks.
Poyer's book has info by Serial number
https://estore.thecmp.org/Catalog/Item/736

Canfield is thorough, but be careful with the Chinese printed book. I broke the spine on mine. Seems expensive, but if you avoid paying 1K
+ for something faked, worth every penny.

https://estore.thecmp.org/Catalog/Item/786
And just show up at opening or closing and ask for PH68.
Old 11-01-2018, 08:33 AM

Long drive from Cincinnati to south store. Might make it once in year ahead. Love to do it though.
Sorry, do not know the nomenclature, What or who is PH68?

Thanks for leg up on what knowledge source to buy. Will add to my bookshelf today.
I have Two items due today, awaiting FedEx now, both from Anniston. One from catalog and one from custom shop. Well worth every penny to support CMP.
Old 11-01-2018, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57years View Post
Long drive from Cincinnati to south store. Might make it once in year ahead. Love to do it though.
Sorry, do not know the nomenclature, What or who is PH68?

Thanks for leg up on what knowledge source to buy. Will add to my bookshelf today.
I have Two items due today, awaiting FedEx now, both from Anniston. One from catalog and one from custom shop. Well worth every penny to support CMP.
Read back in this thread, or any South store report thread. I'm sure Tom will respond soon. He's the guy that posts all the PH68 reports. PH is short for a picture of George Washington on a purple background, heart shaped. 1968.
Jeff
Old 11-01-2018, 10:53 AM

Earlier this year, I went to north store and while there bought a Springfield. Had counter man give it a look over and nothing was pointed out indicating anything special or unusual about the weapon. I, of course, with as little knowledge as I have, just thought it looked good. Later, I ordered on line, a rack grade M1D, and wouldn’t you know it, it was taken from the rack at the North Store (and shipped without a CMP box with credit).

No issue from me, but sure looks like I should study and never buy for a collection, without seeing.