Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2018, 08:56 PM

Default Form 1A

I have not received a call or email yet but thinking back to how I filled out the packet forms ( I should have made a copy) I am not sure if I put an FFL # in on the second line from the bottom because I am not an FFL. I did include a copy of my FFL's license with my name on it. If I did not include the number on that line am I screwed? Thanks
Old 11-10-2018, 09:07 PM

They have made it through maybe 10% of the packets sit back an relax. Hopefully they will allow people to provide missing info and get in line for future offering before opening the doors for new orders down the road.

Everyone went into this withe the possibility of waiting 10 years and and are stressing out because they have not heard anything in 30 days.
Old 11-10-2018, 09:19 PM

I'd say you're okay since you included the FFL with your name on it which has the required FFL number.

If not, based on this week's CMP email update on 1911 sales, CMP will eventually be contacting everyone whose packet was not accepted.

As rdgguns said, relax. Too early to be concerned. Easy for us to say!

Last edited by ozarkmac; 11-10-2018 at 09:20 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-12-2018, 09:11 AM

Maybe it's just me but the form was not the easiest to figure out. I had info typed on one line, printed it, then realized it needed to be on another line.
I think this happened a few times. After about the sixth printing I thought everything was on it's correct line.

Bill "Still fearing I messed up a line or two."
Old 11-12-2018, 09:30 AM

I didn't include what I wanted to buy on the form where it asked . not to send CC info and the lines of purchase of 1911a1 left blank .
I thought it was common to know I was after a 1911a1
oh well I guess I will be informed sooner or later if I messed up or not.
with the good Lords blessing, I have time to wait it out , not in any hurry !!!!
if not this round there are several thousands more to be had .
Old 11-12-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacwa View Post
I didn't include what I wanted to buy on the form where it asked . not to send CC info and the lines of purchase of 1911a1 left blank .
I thought it was common to know I was after a 1911a1
oh well I guess I will be informed sooner or later if I messed up or not.
with the good Lords blessing, I have time to wait it out , not in any hurry !!!!
if not this round there are several thousands more to be had .
Don't worry, pacwa. You did right. The forms were strictly for the 1911 pistols. They said to leave it blank because they'd tell you what was available when they contact you for your order and payment info. If you did put anything there, it wouldn't matter; they'd still offer you some pistols anyway.

Rick
Old 11-12-2018, 11:57 AM

I put Luger pistol on where it asked what I wanted.
Old 11-12-2018, 12:52 PM

I just wish they can read my handwriting.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgdguns View Post
They have made it through maybe 10% of the packets sit back an relax. Hopefully they will allow people to provide missing info and get in line for future offering before opening the doors for new orders down the road.

Everyone went into this withe the possibility of waiting 10 years and and are stressing out because they have not heard anything in 30 days.
I'm confused. Wasn't CMP1911 sales supposed to go through all received order packets first assigning a RGN to them before the sales started?
Old 11-12-2018, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazaroo View Post
I'm confused. Wasn't CMP1911 sales supposed to go through all received order packets first assigning a RGN to them before the sales started?
Posted elsewhere:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post
Last time this will be explained:

When packets were received they were not opened but given a sequential number (1-19,000). We received anywhere from 100 - 500 packets a day so it took days to assign a number to the packets. This was only a number so we could keep count of the number of packets received and to know how many numbers to feed into the RNG.

Once ALL packets were received those numbers were entered into the RNG where they were given another number. (ex. packet numbers: 1, 13, 1893. 2005, 18903 were inputed into RNG. The RNG assigned number 1 to 18903, 13 to 2005, 45 to 1, 76 to 1893, and so on. The RNG numbers were place in sequential order (1,2,3,4,5,-18000, 180001 ect,) on the list. (These numbers are examples and not real numbers)

We then start the calls/emails to process orders. What I think people are forgetting is:

1. We have made numerous calls and no one answers or bad number, or declined the offer. Yes alot of people decided not to purchase a pistol.

2. Once packet was opened and found to be incorrect we move to the next number on the list.

3. 90% of people that submitted a packet are not members of the forum or chooose not to post anything.

4. We are a small shop and working as fast as we can but the process takes longer than it does to purchase a Garand due to the extra requirements placed on CMP.

We have a process that we feel is fair to everyone and as it has been said before if you don't like it buy somewhere else. Not trying to be smart but telling it like it is. Some people need to get a life.

Something we have found VERY interesting is when CMP first announced the 1911 program there were numerous people bad mouthing CMP, saying the 1911's were junk, priced to high and other comments and that THEY WERE NOT going to place an order. Well guess what, THEY DID place orders, I am not going to call them out but they know who they are. Yes they will be given the chance to purchase a 1911 just like everyone else.

Again, sit back watch a movie, enjoy an adult beverage and relax.