Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2019, 09:32 AM

Default South Store Report 01/31/2019

Personal Note: I will be on vacation, AGAIN, on a cruise and will not do another report until 02/21. I will be looking for the report just like others.

There were 8 customers at opening and racks were almost full, 63/66..

Armors today: Bobby and Chris.

CMP Specials

30.06 IHC 12, NEW SA 5.

.308 WRA 5,

IHC FG, 32, almost all hackberry.

WRA zero

SA zero, except for two 6 million, 6082728 barrel SA 4-56 and 6082328 barrel 3-56. Metal very nice, stocks good, no cartouches.

Daisy air rifles, 3.

M1C SA SG, 1.

Drill M1, rough.

Full small sling box, most post war slings.

M1 stock cleaning kit, steel handle rod 50.00, plastic handle rod 40.00.

Good luck on your searches.

Bayonets available by asking store staff.
Old 01-31-2019, 12:26 PM

Tom,

That's just one of the benefits of retirement you have to put up with. Do try to remember that you are allowed more than one vacation a month. You deserve it for all the work you do for us more geographically-challenged souls.

Rick
Old 02-02-2019, 10:08 AM

Have another “great time”! Hope the seas are calm, and the food is delicious.
Old 02-06-2019, 04:49 PM

I find it funny they have Zero of the "Common" SA and HRA FG, but can't seem to move the "rare" IHC that they have 32 of. Maybe its time to get rid of the IHC premium. Been nearby lately, and wanting to go to the south store, but I want to dig through reasonable priced FGs and RGs , which means SA and HRA the way they have things prices, as long as all the FG are IHC I guess I will stay away for now.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mturner23462 View Post
I find it funny they have Zero of the "Common" SA and HRA FG, but can't seem to move the "rare" IHC that they have 32 of. Maybe its time to get rid of the IHC premium. Been nearby lately, and wanting to go to the south store, but I want to dig through reasonable priced FGs and RGs , which means SA and HRA the way they have things prices, as long as all the FG are IHC I guess I will stay away for now.
I would buy one of the IHC FG's if they would at least dress it in GI Wood. We are in for a long wait.....
Old 02-06-2019, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogleg View Post
I would buy one of the IHC FG's if they would at least dress it in GI Wood. We are in for a long wait.....

Thats a good point, for a premium price you think you would get better wood.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mturner23462 View Post
I've noticed that most of the recent mail order SA & HRA rifles that have been reported in the forum has hang tag dates that are, give or take, within a week of the customer receiving the rifle. That would seem to indicate that the armorers are barely keeping up with demand. I'm pretty sure mail orders have priority over in-store stock so until supply exceeds mail order demand I wouldn't expect there to many field or service grade SA/HRA rifles available in the stores.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:46 AM

Default Still think I might drive down

I am thinking of making the run back down this Saturday even if it is to just look thru the same batch of IHCs & specials cause it's been like three to four weeks since I have been there.
I do want to save my discretionary money for the Show of Shows but also afraid I might miss something in Anniston. After all you got to buy where you find it and I might not find a rifle I want in Louisville.

Terrible problem for sure but at least there will be some BBQ for lunch on the way home
Old 02-07-2019, 03:08 PM

SA's for me, too!
Old 02-07-2019, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob30-06 View Post
I am thinking of making the run back down this Saturday even if it is to just look thru the same batch of IHCs & specials cause it's been like three to four weeks since I have been there.

I do want to save my discretionary money for the Show of Shows but also afraid I might miss something in Anniston. After all you got to buy where you find it and I might not find a rifle I want in Louisville.

Terrible problem for sure but at least there will be some BBQ for lunch on the way home
I was at the South Store this past Saturday and Talladega Store on Sunday... the selection was bleak. Lots of Hackberry Field Grade IHC and CMP Specials. Talladega had Service Grade IHCs, some with LMR barrels. All with new CMP wood.
No decent $750 service grades at either store.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk