Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2011, 03:41 PM

What I'd like to know is how anyone can carry three Carbines in each hand without damaging them

I have yet to make a trip to either Store, but if I ran into that kind of piggish behavior, I'd probably say something...
Old 01-10-2011, 07:17 PM

Rifles do get slammed around pretty good with that behavior. Battle damage adds character, louts banging them up is stupid.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perplexed View Post
What I'd like to know is how anyone can carry three Carbines in each hand without damaging them

I have yet to make a trip to either Store, but if I ran into that kind of piggish behavior, I'd probably say something...
someone with no personal interest or connection with the firearm... you know, someone buying inventory.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:20 PM

these were used carbines. Already had scratches etc. The NS was a zoo the days new stock of carbines came in. Guys in teams, guys with wives, etc. Nuts. Made showing up a real drag... only way to improve would be to scatter the carbines (in this case) out among all the rest of the rifles and make it difficult for the cruds to pick up a bundle of them. Made what could be a real nice shopping day a pain.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:54 PM

All I can say is, these are the kind of jerks who mess it up for everybody. Sooner, or later, one of these guys will play with the wrong person and get a good old fashioned "bar fight"going.
Of course I don't have to worry about that. Due to health issues, I can't travel to either store.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincalc View Post
these were used carbines. Already had scratches etc. The NS was a zoo the days new stock of carbines came in. Guys in teams, guys with wives, etc. Nuts. Made showing up a real drag... only way to improve would be to scatter the carbines (in this case) out among all the rest of the rifles and make it difficult for the cruds to pick up a bundle of them. Made what could be a real nice shopping day a pain.
Doesn't sound like there will be "anyone" fighting over Carbines anytime soon or ever..

Northland Sportsmen's Club, 2018 President
CMP Match Chairman
NRA Highpower Rifle Chairman
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Chief Range Officer
Old 01-11-2011, 09:12 AM

I think we have all seen both the good and bad at the stores....when a new batch of garands showed up at the north store the normal crowd was there....I saw 4 guys at the furthest 2 tables with 4 garands on each table..taking them apart checking/swapping? parts as soon as they put a couple back togather one guy would go grab more and bring them back..so I went to the counter and asked if that was the way we do it now???....counter man came out and went to the tables and told them to put all the rifles back on the shelf now...and you may select 1..bring it to the counter and either tag it or with help break it into the 3 groups to inspect it...and as the sign above the door says..swapping parts is a capital offense...and I also had a guy notice me browsing a few years ago..totally lost...he asked what I was looking for..told him I wanted to buy my first garand..he took me to the HRA rack..picked up one with the LMR barrel...I had no clue what that was..he said it gauged near perfect and was almost all HRA...I asked why he didn't buy it and he said he was waiting to be checked out and already spent his money or it would be his...still have it and it's actually my best shooter...you run into all kinds at the store
Old 01-11-2011, 10:57 AM

Then you have the guys who used to steal parts off the rifles. At one time the North store had a table where you could inspect rilfes, but one day I arrived to a sign saying not to take anything apart. George said people were stealing parts. I don't know if it still happens, but those same *&%# people probably still show up.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:15 AM

Default re:

I would've just told him "You snooze you lose" and kept walking around with it. He just might have had $1000 in his wallet that I might want too, but that doesn't mean he's going to give it to me.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattler View Post
Then you have the guys who used to steal parts off the rifles. At one time the North store had a table where you could inspect rilfes, but one day I arrived to a sign saying not to take anything apart. George said people were stealing parts. I don't know if it still happens, but those same *&%# people probably still show up.
Does this have anything to do with the metal detectors installed at the EXIT?

Charlie