Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2012, 08:01 PM

Be nice to find a fairly decent WW2 BR from 44/45 to fit a nice SA/NFR stock that I have on my 1st trip north.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:24 PM

I purchased a 1/42 barrel/reciever a couple months ago from the NS. It has its original finish... but man these old ones are tough to correct. The parts are pretty tough to find.

I was at the NS today looking for a '44 receiver with original barrel to mate with an awesome GAW stock I recently aquired. I looked through pretty much all the rifles and then I found it... an SA FG 3.06M S/N (8/1944) with an original 7/1944 barrel! It has very dark green finish, which I assume is original. It has a correct trigger group save a WRA -4 safety. It has an -9SA UNCUT straight op rod (I need a -9 curved for this date, though). I was looking at it this afternoon and it looks like I only need a few parts to correct it... much easier than the '42! Only downside is the barrel is pretty worn... it was listed as 3+ muzzle (but probably worse) and 5+ throat.

So they are there, but I think you have to look at everything and bring a little luck with you.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ressom View Post
I purchased a 1/42 barrel/reciever a couple months ago from the NS. It has its original finish... but man these old ones are tough to correct. The parts are pretty tough to find.

I was at the NS today looking for a '44 receiver with original barrel to mate with an awesome GAW stock I recently aquired. I looked through pretty much all the rifles and then I found it... an SA FG 3.06M S/N (8/1944) with an original 7/1944 barrel! It has very dark green finish, which I assume is original. It has a correct trigger group save a WRA -4 safety. It has an -9SA UNCUT straight op rod (I need a -9 curved for this date, though). I was looking at it this afternoon and it looks like I only need a few parts to correct it... much easier than the '42! Only downside is the barrel is pretty worn... it was listed as 3+ muzzle (but probably worse) and 5+ throat.

So they are there, but I think you have to look at everything and bring a little luck with you.
You found what I would be looking for so I'm glad to know there may be a chance that I may get lucky
Old 09-15-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co2Chief1947 View Post
I just saw your post about your Oct 43 SA FG I just received my Oct 43 SA SG grade 2 weeks ago and from CMP and I am planning a trip to the North Store in a couple weeks to look for some WW2 FG's. Just curious about how close our serial numbers are mine is 20033xx. Also you may want to call Dupage as I just got a SA/GAW stock from them in pretty good shape nice cartouche just need a good cleaning and some sanding.
Mine is in the 2.18 range I believe.

Sounds like a lot of you guys have found some nice ones by looking through everything.

The later ones would definitely be easier to correct. I have a Dec 41 WRA that I never will be able to afford to correct.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co2Chief1947 View Post
Be nice to find a fairly decent WW2 BR from 44/45 to fit a nice SA/NFR stock that I have on my 1st trip north.
Im quite the opposite. I need to find a decent NFR to go with my 3.5M with a 12/44 barrel I got from the SS last year. ME 2, TE 2. Looks like another trip is in my future, maybe November if I can swing the time off.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:56 AM
Banned

101st 502nd,

The south store has a shelf of barrels. As of last week they have 2 barrels from 43'. As the years go up they have more. I dont know about the me or te but if you are looking to restore a rifle to hang on a shelf they would be perfect. I think they go for $200 but I dont know for sure. I also think the price varies by year. Just call the store to make sure.

V/R
Sgt Rock
Old 09-16-2012, 02:34 PM

I picked up a 2-S-A-10-43 last year, believe it was marked $200 or $225 at south store. TE is 3.0 and MW is 3.25; and has old pitting that would be under the rear handguard and won't show. Bore is little dark but has looked better with some cleaning. Waiting for the right receiver to show up for it.
Same trip found a S-A-4-42 about same condition, TE 4.0 or just under, MW 2.75. Also picked up a 10/49 and an 11/49 with very good MW & TE,
one was TE 2.0, MW 1.5 and other was TE 3.0, MW 2.0; so they are still some around, just keep your eyes open and good luck.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:37 PM

When I was at North Store in August I looked at every WRA rack/field grade that was there. No WRA barrels but one FG had a 45 barrel. It sat there for 3 days and nobody bought it. I found another one I liked better with a WRA bolt and gas cylinder.
I mention this because Dupage is selling high gauging WRA barrels right now for 50 dollars. However for what it costs you to make a correct WRA you could do 2 SA's