Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > CMP Rules
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2018, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi2Winky View Post
Hi there mac1911! I recognize your name from NES. You're absolutely right, there's always something I can cutback on or sell. I'm working on selling 2 rifles from collection and if that goes, I can most definitely afford the pre94's.
Just for reference my friend was on the “no money” for XYZ
He logged his spending for 4 weeks . He noticed he was buying stuff at complete random with new real reason. About $25 a month in candy, odd ball purchases and small items.
He really did not see how much he was spending on coffee. Large coffee with tip he was giving was $3 a day with 2 a day sometimes $80 month min

You need to decide for yourself need/want/like
I have friends that still smoke a pack or more a day . They are “broke” but find $3000+ a year to puff away?
Old 09-04-2018, 10:21 PM

I ended up purchasing a preban AR (which I believe is the correct choice lol), but Ms. Michelle Woods from CMP kindly replied to my inquiry.

She said "yes you can have an internal magazine for the Alternative Rifle. If you are using an internal magazine with the Alternative Rifle you will need to use a reloader or stripper clip. The Mean Arms loader would comply with the internal magazine rule"

So basically, a fixed magazine AR15 is allowed with the use of a quickload device like the Mean Arms loader.
Old 09-06-2018, 06:42 PM

A buddy (in NY) tried that Mean Arms loader(and everything else to keep his M4gery with a pistol grip). He had very poor luck with it.

He is back to the oversized rear take-down pin and stuffing individual rounds into the fixed mag while 'shotgunned' open. He is not using this in competition.