Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Match AR
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2014, 09:34 AM

My club has a 50 ft indoor range and i'll be shooting the rimfire league this Winter. These targets help prepare. I shoot the 10 m air rifle targets in the basement too with the 853. Outdoor with the 513 I've been shooting the SR1 @ 100.
Distinguished Rifleman #2297
CMP GSM Master Instructor
NRA Certified RSO
CMP HP Rifle RO
Old 10-29-2014, 09:45 AM

I have an mar 177 upper i got and a cmmg 22 upper ive done some work to. Wont be as accurate as a compasslake but it should do well at 50 ft. Its more for the position and trigger control in the rapids anyway. So its like rapid fire dryfire except with feed back and the gun cocks itself.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloreman View Post
I have an mar 177 upper i got and a cmmg 22 upper ive done some work to. Wont be as accurate as a compasslake but it should do well at 50 ft. Its more for the position and trigger control in the rapids anyway. So its like rapid fire dryfire except with feed back and the gun cocks itself.
I would love a MAR177 or a dedicated 22 upper or both. Just not quite in my budget at this moment unless I offload a few things. I have been meaning to go to Camp Perry and test drive the air rifle range though.
Distinguished Rifleman #2297
CMP GSM Master Instructor
NRA Certified RSO
CMP HP Rifle RO
Old 10-29-2014, 11:08 AM

I went the cheap route when midway had the 22 a4 uppers for 379. Got a used float tube and some weights. Trying to find a used carry handle with nm sights. If i have to buy a new one from rra ill be 600 bux into the upper
Old 10-29-2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootsy View Post
Awesome! Perfect for me too with the pellet gun and 22.

I've been meaning to shoot Muskegon too. Just a bit of a drive though I do have a sister that lives in GR.
Glad, you like them. We used to shoot a "min-HP" league here in the winter at the indoor range, but it kinda went on the wayside. The targets still work though.

Even from GR, it'd still be an hour drive for you to our outdoor range, but you are always welcome as is everyone. That same drive keeps me from shooting on your side. Hope to run into you sometime.

Art