Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Match AR
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2014, 03:01 PM

Default RRA NM Trigger

I have seen mention that the RRA NM triggers don't have a very long life span. Can any of you that have experienced failures comment on this, perhaps with a rough round count on the trigger when it failed?
Old 09-05-2014, 05:53 PM

They are perfectly good triggers. The issue is them holding weight. The springs relax and need tweaking eventually. I had 841 rounds on mine and it was breaking at 3.5 lbs. now I have no idea what it held new but let's assume it was at least 4.5 to make weight out of the box in competition.
Distinguished Rifleman #2297
CMP GSM Master Instructor
NRA Certified RSO
CMP HP Rifle RO
Old 09-05-2014, 06:06 PM
Banned

Ive got close to 2,000 rounds on mine and no issues, I had it weighed for the P100 and NTI
Old 09-05-2014, 06:11 PM

Mine started just barely over 5lbs and dropped to 4.6 after about 500 rounds plus a thousand dry firings. The only thing I didn't care for was the first stage was lighter than my preference. I upgraded at 2000 rds to an adjustable.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:26 PM

I had over 15k live fire rounds and probably 3 times that in dryfires thru the rra on my number 1 gun. I had to tweak the springs a few times but nothing major. have rra in my 3 other guns and no problems. Number 1 gun has a giesselle in it now that i had installed at perry. its a great trigger but there is nothing wrong with the rra either. Rra triggers can be tweaked and tuned quite nicely. That all said we put one in my buddy daves gun and after 4000 rounds it wouldnt hold 2 lbs and lost the 2nd stage. replaced all the spings and really bent the trigger spring to make weight, now its gritty. Gota tear into it this winter and figure it out
Old 09-05-2014, 08:41 PM

We have been using RRAs on our junior team ARs for 5 years now, no trouble, lots of practice and rounds
Old 09-05-2014, 09:07 PM

Mine lost weight and failed inspection after about 1000 rounds or so. RRA replaced it at camp perry. I later replaced that with the RRA chrome trigger. It failed inspection after 1000 rounds and RRA had to replace it at Camp Perry.

Conclusion: they are cost effective and RRA stands behind them. But they do and will loose weight, and fail inspection.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:18 PM

It amazes me the amount of triggers that fail weigh in at major matches. Triggers are not tha hard to adjust and the cost of an official weight set is not that much compared to what we spend on rifles ammo gear and travel costs. I consider weighin and tuning triggers part of my routine maintainance and cleaning procedures. An ounce of prevetion as they say
Old 09-06-2014, 07:48 AM

I find turning a set screw much less tedious and aggrevating...
Distinguished Rifleman #2297
CMP GSM Master Instructor
NRA Certified RSO
CMP HP Rifle RO
Old 09-06-2014, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloreman View Post
It amazes me the amount of triggers that fail weigh in at major matches. Triggers are not tha hard to adjust and the cost of an official weight set is not that much compared to what we spend on rifles ammo gear and travel costs. I consider weighin and tuning triggers part of my routine maintainance and cleaning procedures. An ounce of prevetion as they say

Actually, I've been thinking on this. What do you suggest as the best cost-effective trigger weighing approach?