• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tjtorborg
    • May 2010

Upcoming CMP Military Matches in Minnesota

Okay Guys,

The dates are set, the programs are written and the CMP santioning forms have been filled out and put in the mail. Anyone interested in the complete programs just send me an email at [email protected].

Here are the dates:
    Saturday 4/21/2012 CMP Military Match and Clinic
    Saturday 5/5/2012 CMP Military Match
    Saturday 6/16/2012 CMP Military Match
    Saturday 7/14/2012 CMP Military Match

The range is in Harris, MN and there are primitive camping areas available. Feel free to email me with any questions. Hope to see you there.

Thanks,

Tom
  • tjtorborg
    • May 2010

I have gotten a few questions that I think everyone might be wondering about:
    • The cost of the clinic is $30 and that includes the military match.
    • If you don't want to take the clinic and just shoot the military match the cost is $15.
    • There are only 21 slots open for the clinic so please reserve your spot as soon possible.
    • You do not need to send in registration for the other matches now but you can (and we apppreciate it) send them in prior to the date of the match.
    • You can use any military type rifle for the clinic. You do not have to use a M1, M14 or AR-15. These are just the rifles the club has made available to participants.
    • In order to participate in the clinic or any of the matches you must have a "AFFIDAVIT AND LIABILITY AGREEMENT" on file or submitted with your registration. The form can be found at: http://www.odcmp.com/Competitions/Forms/Affidavit.pdf Don't worry about the notary part as there will be one at the match to take care of everything.
    • If you do not have a team mate for the sniper match one will be found for you.
    • There will be sniper rifles available for use at not cost but you must use ammo purchased from the club in them.
    • Please make checks payable to GRRC

Hope to see you there,

Tom

Comment

• tjtorborg
      • May 2010

Hey guys,

Well it'S officail. I just got the email from the CMP that the clinic and matches have been approved. They are also listed on the CMP website when you search for upcoming events. Hope to see you all there.

Thanks,

Tom

Comment

• Polaris
        • Mar 2012

I've shot at your matches previous years with the evil "furren" "other rifle" K-31. I plan on attending the matches this year and I'm bringing friends. Do we pre-register on the GRRC site? My wife and brother in-law are interested in the clinic. Probably would'nt hurt me any either but I don't want to fill a slot that could be taken by a new shooter. Also, what sniper rifles are available and what is the ammo cost? I also have 2-3 suitable as issued vintage mil. rifles available for other shooters to use. M39 finn, m91-30 both with ammo at $4/20 and a Swiss Gew 11 or K-31 (depending on which one I shoot) that may be fired with Swiss mil. GP11 or PRVI commercial ammo supplied by shooter. All of these rifles are accurate enough to be competetive if the shooter does his/her part.
        Last edited by Polaris; 03-03-2012, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• tjtorborg
          • May 2010

The only thing you have to pre register for is the clinic. You can send in you registration for the other matches but it is not required. Send me you email and I will send you all of the programs. Or you can swing by the both at the gunshow on the 17th.

Later,

Tom

Comment

• Polaris
            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by tjtorborg View Post
            The only thing you have to pre register for is the clinic. You can send in you registration for the other matches but it is not required. Send me you email and I will send you all of the programs. Or you can swing by the both at the gunshow on the 17th.

Later,

Tom
            Will you be there the 18th also? Gotta do @@### taxes the 17th.

Comment

• Deeka
              • Oct 2009

Tom,
              Are there any more slots available for the clinic? I have a friend who is interested? Thanks.

Derek

Comment

• tjtorborg
                • May 2010

Derek,

Right now there are 4 slots open for the clinic. Hope to see you and your friend there!

Tom

Comment

• Brinks352
                  • Oct 2011

Just checking to see if there is a spot open for the clinic? If there is where and what do I need to do to reserve a spot. What rifles can you use for the clinic? I have an M1 but it might not be ready/safe to shoot by that time. Will there be M1 ammo available to purchase there or do u need to bring your own.

I am sure I’ll have more questions later but that should do it for now.
                  Looking for: S/N 352, S/N 211984, S/N 2011984

Feedback link
                  http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=131438

Comment

• tjtorborg
                    • May 2010

Yes there are two openings for the clinic. All of the forms can be downloaded from the club website at http://www.grrc.org/ There is an article about halfway down the page with the links for the matches below it. If you have any additional questions just send me a PM or email at [email protected].

Thanks,

Tom

Comment

• tjtorborg
                      • May 2010

Another Update:

The clinic on April 21st has been filled. But there is plenty of spots open for the Military Match that is being held after.

For more details just drop me a line.

Tom

Comment

• tjtorborg
                        • May 2010

For those of you that are attending the Clinic and Matches at GRRC this summer here is a list of things to bring/ consider to making you day as fun as possible:
                        • Favorite non alcoholic beverage – water, gator aid etc
                        • Bag lunch – we don’t stop and have a lunch break so you eat it when you get a chance usually when you are in the pits.
                        • Bug Spray
                        • Sun Block
                        • Rain Gear
                        • Basically the things you would need when you go hiking in the woods.
                        Please email me at [email protected] if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Tom

Comment

• Polaris
                          • Mar 2012

Dress in layers. It gets pretty hot in the pits and on the line by afternoon. Wear light colors and a brimmed hat if you don't like gnats. A folding camp chair will be useful at times.

I have 2 spare bolt rifles if anybody needs a firearm or just wants to try something different. Drop me a PM. They're not pretty but they are accurate enough to be competetive. I have ammo cheap for the M39, you can find GP11 or PRVI commercial for the swiss G11
                          Last edited by Polaris; 04-16-2012, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• Brinks352
                            • Oct 2011

Have a quick question?

I have a new stock/USGI replacement stock for my garand, however I have never changed stocks on a garand or have the right tools. Will someone there be able to help me switch the stock out.
                            Looking for: S/N 352, S/N 211984, S/N 2011984

Feedback link
                            http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=131438

Comment

• tjtorborg
                              • May 2010

Originally posted by Brinks352 View Post
                              Have a quick question?

I have a new stock/USGI replacement stock for my garand, however I have never changed stocks on a garand or have the right tools. Will someone there be able to help me switch the stock out.
                              Sorry, but I'm not sure there will be time to switch out your stock before the match. There also may be somethings that come up that really can't be taken care of at the range. If you are talking about just the buttstock then maybe but to swap out the handguards means taking everything apart. Not sure the back of someone's truck is the best place to fit a new stock.

Thanks,

Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X