Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > CMP Rules
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2019, 08:16 AM

Default M1A fake flash suppressor/ rule 4.1.3(I)

I live in NY, so I have one of those fake flash suppressors on my M1A, it is solid with no venting, porting ect. At a glance it looks like a standard flash suppressor, but with nothing cut all the way through.

So with that said, I am confused on weather it is legal for me to use this configuration because the rule states that a vented barrel extension with the same dimensions as a standard flash suppressor can be used...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-2019, 12:32 PM

PM - ADMIN
He seems to get questions resolved rather quickly with the CMP rules, ETC. As he just posted updated info on the standard capacity mag ban for the VT games in September.

I think you should be OK with the non vented FH as it meets specs just less the vents and your adhering to your states firearms regulations even though we may not agree with them.....

So many grey areas with individual states firearms laws its hard to keep up !
Old 07-03-2019, 01:49 PM

I have used the solid fake M1A suppresor with no difficulties at matches. I very much doubt that you will have any problem, but prior inquiry (and documentation) is always good policy. Good Shooting. ..
Old 07-06-2019, 08:26 AM

I have a friend from Cortland NY that has a M1A with a dummy suppressor. He has used it at all the previous New England Games and has not had anyone disapprove of it's use. I believe the CMP will be inclined to take local gun restrictions into consideration as long as it keeps within the spirit of the rules.
Eddie

Last edited by epm729; 07-06-2019 at 05:51 PM.