Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other > Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2018, 12:09 PM

My little bench. I got a table cheap at Habitat for Humanity and threw the top away as it was bowed real bad. I then went to my old workplace and got a solid core wood door and cut it to size and edged it. It turned out to be a really heavy and strong work surface. I dont reload much for rifle any more just pistol. I do have some carbine dies on the way though.

Old 04-02-2018, 01:05 PM

I have a 3 car garage and dedicated 1 bay to my man stuff! Fan in summer and electric space heater in winter. Bought a Harbor Freight work bench with vise. I mounted press and trimmer to board that can be clamped to bench. I can store the press & trimmer below when cleaning guns, etc. I keep the powder and electronic scale in the house. Works for me.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kLMFW6gsMMGl8sPD3

https://www.harborfreight.com/tool-s...nch-69054.html

Last edited by luigi; 04-02-2018 at 01:16 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:06 PM

Default This is what Messy looks like!!

https://imgur.com/a/ywgtX

Four or five projects with no cleanup in between. Plus 2 recent CMP FGs completely torn apart for cleaning and part IDing. It bugs me every time I look at the mess but I have the same issue with the carpentry/fabricating/welding area in the shop. Multiple project messes until I get disgusted and spend 1/2 day cleaning up.

The heavy duty shelf unit and MDF work bench top are from Menard's. Very heavy duty and can be disassembled for moving.

The black file cabinet in the background is a fire proof unit from the 1940s. It weighs around 500 lbs. It was surplus warehouse equipment I got for $10 as there was no key (it was taped inside!!). Works great for powder, primers, etc. The heavy duty steel workbench with back and upper and lower shelves and drawer was from the same sale $20. I put a laminated pine workbench top on it from one of the big box stores, plus electrical outlets. Added lights to both benches and overhead track lighting. Vice is from Lowe's, it spins and rotates. The Lee Classic Turret Press is mounted on a riser that I TIG welded up out of diamond plate aluminum.
"I cannot believe that the purpose of life is to be 'happy'. I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible, to be honorable, to be compassionate. It is, above all, to matter, to count, to stand for something, to have it make some difference that you lived at all." LEO ROSTEN
Old 04-02-2018, 08:23 PM

It's too bad most all the earlier picture links are broken. IIRC there were some pretty impressive and innovative benches/reloading areas. There were also a couple guys just clamping a press on the dining room table or in a small closet LOL!
"I cannot believe that the purpose of life is to be 'happy'. I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible, to be honorable, to be compassionate. It is, above all, to matter, to count, to stand for something, to have it make some difference that you lived at all." LEO ROSTEN
Old 04-20-2018, 09:42 PM

I bought a 12x20' shed with two lofts fore and aft, not big enough. Now I am adding on a 12x14' room with a wood stove for heat and a detached 8x16 casting shed.
Sam
Old 05-04-2018, 03:16 AM

Pix would be great!!!!
Thanks