Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2019, 08:24 PM

I've seen nice GI Carbines listed on other web sites sell for less than $800 in recent months, including one with a number of original and quality reproduction accessories. It happens a lot, people want Garands or more modern stuff - the Carbine is a bit of a stepchild!

Eli
Old 08-21-2019, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliyahu View Post
I've seen nice GI Carbines listed on other web sites sell for less than $800 in recent months, including one with a number of original and quality reproduction accessories. It happens a lot, people want Garands or more modern stuff - the Carbine is a bit of a stepchild!

Eli
No, only to the uneducated who don't know what they're looking at. Which is good for a Carbine person. Garand only people don't make sense.
Old 08-21-2019, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 Ring View Post
I see on their website, that for $2K you can get a GI receiver guaranteed to shoot 3 MOA.
My question is, is 3 MOA hard to get out of a US GI M1 carbine?
They state: "our M1 Carbines dominate the CMP Games year after year." I have not been to any CMP games, for those who go, is that true?
I am not wanting to do a roast, I just don't know.
I never saw a M1 carbine that could do that. Maybe I dont buy enught (2) or know enough? I know a tight guns vs a loose one. I would not expect 3moa from a old GI carbine. Sure anything can happen. And how you measure MOA. Toss out the frequent fliers? Five or 10 shot groups not 3? Three is stupid.

On the other hand, I dont think they were designed or built with much accuracy as a goal. I am sure. I will take history and that reality over a very expensive Fulton any day. I think, as a general rule and in this case as well, you get what you pay for. Quality never comes cheap. On the other hand top acuracy is not where the quality comes in. Too see that look at a new Auto Ordnance. There is a purchase that makes no sense in my book.

Last edited by fourbore; 08-21-2019 at 06:15 AM.