Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2019, 11:48 AM

Default Possible south store visit 12 Sept, question

I'm currently visiting Ohio from California, I tried the North store and thier out of all the rifles I can afford. Next week I might need to find something to do for a couple days while my wife spends time with her mom and I'm thinking if driving to the South store.
Any one planning on being there who might he able to help a newbie pick out a couple rifles?
Looking for ether nice FG or SG's, maybe one RG Special.
I've bought two M1's in person at the North store and a couple SG's on the secondary market, but every one I've ever bought came with new wood, would love to try to handpick some GI wood rifles.
Would it be worth driving all that way? I love to drive and I love M1's.
Would the south store be my best option or isn't there another place close (Taladega?) that has them?
Old 09-06-2019, 11:57 AM

PH68, Tom Taylor, will be there like he is every morning getting info for the daily store report.
He is a good resource and has helped many new buyers.

Rob
Old 09-06-2019, 01:07 PM

Default Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob30-06 View Post
PH68, Tom Taylor, will be there like he is every morning getting info for the daily store report.
He is a good resource and has helped many new buyers.

Rob
I would be glad to help you (brianm767) find what your looking for and anyone else that I can help. Recently there have been some really nice cartouched stocks in the store. Good luck..
Old 09-06-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH68 View Post
I would be glad to help you (brianm767) find what your looking for and anyone else that I can help. Recently there have been some really nice cartouched stocks in the store. Good luck..
Copy thanks, I'll know next week if I can sneak away, do you know if they limit you to only one each of each grade rifle like the North store?
Old 09-06-2019, 01:44 PM

Default Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianm767 View Post
Copy thanks, I'll know next week if I can sneak away, do you know if they limit you to only one each of each grade rifle like the North store?
They donít have that rule at the South Store....
Old 09-12-2019, 12:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

OP, did you find anything that met your criteria at the South Store/Talladega?
Old 09-12-2019, 01:31 PM

Well yes I did with the help of Tom, Carroll and Mike I picked up a very nice early 1903 with what I believe is the original Barrel I picked up two Springfield field grades 1 pre-war 1 mid War both with lockbar sights and GI wood, I think one stock was a replacement the other one the armor said it was I think something that started with an E or ? I can't remember right now
and then I did pick up a rack grade as a shooter it looks very good not much pitting on it, the bolt has pitting but not too bad. On my way back to Cleveland right now, I might up and go to the north store in the morning to see what they have I'm trying to find something with a tiger stripe Birch stock.

I stopped in at the TOP and they only had about 6 or 7 field grades that were rough.

Last edited by brianm767; 09-12-2019 at 01:41 PM.