Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > CMP Rules
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2019, 09:48 AM

Default 22 Sporter rule question

I'm a little confused on the rule for clothing. "Competitors may wear no more than two layers of ordinary soft, casual or sports clothing (shirt, sweatshirt, etc.). Shirts or sweatshirts must be made of single layers of soft, flexible clothing. The addition of shoulder or elbow pads or double layers, except normal pockets, is not permitted". Does the last part only mean pads that are attached to the clothing? or does it mean that no elbow pads are to be used? The reason I ask this question is that my club says no elbow pads can be worn. But, I seen a photo in this forum that showed a gentlemen shooting the match with a short sleeve T shirt, and elbow pads. My club says that I can lay the elbow pads on my mat and set my elbows on them but, can't put them on my arms.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:26 AM

I take that rule to mean no pads, but that is just my take.
I've also observed it is rare to receive an "official" response to a rules question via the forum and it is best to send an email:
"Questions about the CMP Competitions Rulebooks or rule recommendations can be directed to the CMP Competitions Department at competitions@thecmp.org or (419) 635-2141, ext. 714 or 722."
Old 08-23-2019, 01:53 PM

Thanks Mustang, I'll give it a try.