Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > New Member Section
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2019, 12:08 AM

Default Hello from Missery

I'm a transplant to the great state that many call the gateway to the west. (Actually live about 50 miles due south of the Gateway Arch.) I've spent over half of my life wandering the world and landed here at the request of my "better half". Been into guns and shooting for most of my life and was reintroduced to the world of the CMP when I saw an article posted about the future release of the M1911 pistol in a copy of the American Rifleman while waiting at a doctor's appointment with said better half.

I'm currently working on a second gun safe thanks to the bug that seems to infect most that connect with the Department of Civilian Marksmanship better known as the CMP.

I've been floating on the edges of the forums for about the last 6 months and was recently granted posting rights after memorizing the correct handshakes and signs.

Also want to give a shout out to the great folks at the CMP. All were quick to address any concerns and issues that I've had in my dealings with the organization. Keep up the good work.

I want to give personal thanks to Amy, Larry, Melissa, Sharron, and Traci for their quick and professional help.

Steve
Old 04-24-2019, 05:18 AM

Welcome, Steve. Great to have you here on the CMP fora. Great place to learn all about Garands and other US mil-surps.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:04 AM

Steve,
Welcome to the forum. We have a great bunch of people here and are always ready to help and answer guestions. Also a good place to buy parts and gear from. Eddie
Old 04-28-2019, 07:09 AM

Welcome to the Forum!
Old 04-29-2019, 11:09 AM

You poor bugger! You are lost now!
Old 04-29-2019, 07:08 PM

Welcome! Great info and folks here -- Carl
Old 04-29-2019, 08:37 PM

I am fairly new here as well. Everyone here has been great! Welcome!
Old 05-09-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBTroll View Post
I'm a transplant to the great state that many call the gateway to the west. (Actually live about 50 miles due south of the Gateway Arch.) I've spent over half of my life wandering the world and landed here at the request of my "better half". Been into guns and shooting for most of my life and was reintroduced to the world of the CMP when I saw an article posted about the future release of the M1911 pistol in a copy of the American Rifleman while waiting at a doctor's appointment with said better half.

I'm currently working on a second gun safe thanks to the bug that seems to infect most that connect with the Department of Civilian Marksmanship better known as the CMP.

I've been floating on the edges of the forums for about the last 6 months and was recently granted posting rights after memorizing the correct handshakes and signs.

Also want to give a shout out to the great folks at the CMP. All were quick to address any concerns and issues that I've had in my dealings with the organization. Keep up the good work.

I want to give personal thanks to Amy, Larry, Melissa, Sharron, and Traci for their quick and professional help.

Steve
Hello from Wentzville. I am 50 mi. west of the Arch. Welcome to the forum. I am a student of WWII and have always been fascinated by B-17 bombers, P-51 Mustangs and Sherman tanks. None of which have found their way into my safe. I however managed to snag my first M! Garand and it is grand. I am 71 so this is a dream come true. I am retired and am looking forward to many hours on the range. Good luck with your purchase.
Ron
Old 07-18-2019, 09:25 AM

Better late than never but welcome, I'm pretty new myself. I'm just a little bit south of you in PB. Surp's are like the proverbial Lay's tater chips, you can't eat just one.

Steve...........
Old 07-18-2019, 11:48 AM

Default Hello from "T" st

Welcome to the land of " where is the next storm coming from". Took my M1 to the Missouri Conservation Shooting range at Bush Wildlife last week and had a ball. I felt like I was driving a 1957 Chevy ragtop from all the looks I received strutting to and from the shooting line. The range has 25-100 yard lanes in case you are interested. Again, welcome and enjoy your battle rifle.
Ron