Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2019, 05:05 PM

Default Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by i1afli View Post
PH...I missed you again this morning....I got there about 8:30.
I bought the WRA FG with WRA barrel. I went in expecting to get an 03, and there were a lot of nice ones, but I couldn’t pass up the WRA/WRA combo. Was tempted by the WRA RG M1D but couldn’t get both.

And to add to PH’s great report...there was an SA with lockbar sites and another with a pretty nice NFR stock still in the rack when I left. Also saw an M1, don’t remember grade or make, with a really nice SA 8/40 barrel.
It always seems like its “see you next time” maybe we will meet in the future. I was in a hurry this morning to get home and cut my grass before it got to hot and then I got rained out!!!
Old 07-19-2019, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH68 View Post
I was in a hurry this morning to get home and cut my grass before it got to hot and then I got rained out!!!
Yeah it came a real goat-floater about 9:45.

Also a shout-out to the folks working the store...very nice, and the guys at the Custom Shop took good care of me with an op rod that I took in there.
Old 07-19-2019, 05:26 PM

Very discouraging to see these reports and not be able to get my hands on one of these IHC's or WRA's (I already have a couple of 1903's) via mail order. Living in MA I'm over a 17 hour drive away.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:08 PM

Agree, I'm in Texas and would love a 1903, but can't make the drive. Now if we could just get CMP to open up a Texas store! GRIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by spt_1955 View Post
Very discouraging to see these reports and not be able to get my hands on one of these IHC's or WRA's (I already have a couple of 1903's) via mail order. Living in MA I'm over a 17 hour drive away.
Old 07-20-2019, 09:17 AM

Default Saturday Opening Report

There were ten customers at opening and a few additional shortly after opening. Racks were full with 66 rifles and a few 1903a3 drill rifles. Numbers may be off a little due to customers activity.

Armors today are Colby and Hunter.

1903, 21.

SA FG 5.

IHC SG/FG, 15. There was a SA 8/40 2+/2+ barrel among them, earliest I have seen in the store.

WRA SG/FG, 16.

Other rifles remain about the same.

Good luck on your searches.

Last edited by PH68; 07-20-2019 at 04:50 PM.
Old 07-20-2019, 03:44 PM

Default Saturday closing report

There were 56 rifles present at closing and there was a 14 rifle restock during the day..

New item, M10 Cleaning Tool, NOS, 5.00..

1903, 18, there was a restock.

WRA SG/FG, 8, no restock today..

IHC SG/FG, 18, there was a restock.

SA FG, 3, no restock today.

Other rifles remain about the same.

Good luck on your searches.
Old 07-20-2019, 04:37 PM

Quote:
SA SG, 5.
Quote:
SA FG, 3, no restock today.
Tom, see excerpts from the opening and closing reports above. Were the SAs on the racks today service grades or field grades (or both)?

Thanks,
John
Old 07-20-2019, 04:49 PM

Default Sa fg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennboy View Post
Tom, see excerpts from the opening and closing reports above. Were the SAs on the racks today service grades or field grades (or both)?

Thanks,
John
My bad John, all FG’s...
Old 07-20-2019, 07:09 PM

Default Nice day overall

The 1903s were great and my buddy Mike found a Mark 1 with 12-19 barrel with great 2/2 bore and real nice-looking finger groove stock. He also purchased an SA Field Grade with a GAW cart that has potential.
The IHC with the 8-40 SA barrel was a real temptation but best left to someone who needs it.
I purchased an IHC M1 from my buddy Paul at 4am so was already tapped out before I even got started.

After leaving the store we went over to Hoover for the Alabama Gun Collectors show. First time I visited this show and have to say I was very impressed with the whole thing.
Lots of militaria and weapons with a very healthy sampling of M1 Garands and Garand parts. Saw quite a few Carbines but not really into those.
Also saw and talked to the normal assortment of nair-do-wells that I see at other shows and around the Garand collecting hobby.

Looks like this show is going to have to be on my must-do list going forward.

lots of driving today, but worth every bit,

Rob
Old 07-21-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob30-06 View Post
The 1903s were great and my buddy Mike found a Mark 1 with 12-19 barrel with great 2/2 bore and real nice-looking finger groove stock. He also purchased an SA Field Grade with a GAW cart that has potential.
The IHC with the 8-40 SA barrel was a real temptation but best left to someone who needs it.
I purchased an IHC M1 from my buddy Paul at 4am so was already tapped out before I even got started.

After leaving the store we went over to Hoover for the Alabama Gun Collectors show. First time I visited this show and have to say I was very impressed with the whole thing.
Lots of militaria and weapons with a very healthy sampling of M1 Garands and Garand parts. Saw quite a few Carbines but not really into those.
Also saw and talked to the normal assortment of nair-do-wells that I see at other shows and around the Garand collecting hobby.

Looks like this show is going to have to be on my must-do list going forward.

lots of driving today, but worth every bit,

Rob
You heading down next week?