Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2019, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzachary View Post
You heading down next week?
Naw, I wish. It will probably be 3-4 weeks before I make another trip.

Rob
Old 07-21-2019, 06:21 PM

I'm going to try to make it to the CMP South Store next Friday on my way back to Florida.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:49 PM

Well last Thursday I finally made it down. With PH68's help I picked out a nice 03 mark I. Still had the 11/18 barrel it was a 3/3 but the scant stock and metal were all in really nice shape. Only bad thing I didn't notice the sight was bent until I went out to the TMP to try it out. I also met another very nice member and his wife who were a great to chat with, I believe his screen name was Trapmaster? I am terrible with names and had been up for over 24 hours by then. It was a nice little detour on our way to Nashville for my wifes powerlifting meet. She got first and won a neat sword for a trophy. All and all a great trip. Thank you fellas for helping me with my rifle
Old 07-23-2019, 06:02 PM

Default S Store 7/25

Praying they have 1903's this Thursday.....driving in from Myrtle Beach... ( I need another rifle like a hole in my head but......what ya goina do? when ya can't 'order' one!)
Old 07-23-2019, 06:30 PM

Default 1903

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVN 69-70 View Post
Praying they have 1903's this Thursday.....driving in from Myrtle Beach... ( I need another rifle like a hole in my head but......what ya goina do? when ya can't 'order' one!)
There was a good inventory of 1903ís at closing Saturday so unless there is a major change of inventory on Thursday you should be in good shape. Good luck.
Old 07-23-2019, 07:33 PM

Default Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH68 View Post
There was a good inventory of 1903’s at closing Saturday so unless there is a major change of inventory on Thursday you should be in good shape. Good luck.
Now THAT is good news. I contemplate arriving Thursday or Friday.....my luck if I were to choose Friday, they'd ALL be gone. Your posting convinced me to leave from Myrtle Beach on Thurs a.m., bust nuts to arrive before closing, and hit the range Friday. Then head back to VA on Saturday. (At least that is the PLAN!)......Good times are here again (maybe). PS....I've got an 03A3 but what is a 'collection' without an 03!?

PS....what were the stocks like? Any original? Any with Hatcher holes? Not that I'm picky but....just want to know what I may find. Thanks
Old 07-23-2019, 07:51 PM

Default 1903ís

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVN 69-70 View Post
Now THAT is good news. I contemplate arriving Thursday or Friday.....my luck if I were to choose Friday, they'd ALL be gone. Your posting convinced me to leave from Myrtle Beach on Thurs a.m., bust nuts to arrive before closing, and hit the range Friday. Then head back to VA on Saturday. (At least that is the PLAN!)......Good times are here again (maybe). PS....I've got an 03A3 but what is a 'collection' without an 03!?

PS....what were the stocks like? Any original? Any with Hatcher holes? Not that I'm picky but....just want to know what I may find. Thanks
After Thursday opening all bets are off as to if they will have 1903ís or not.... Seems that Thursday and Saturday are the busiest, but you never know for sure until you arrive at the store. They could sell lots of 1903ís at opening Thursday, have none in PM and not restock anymore!!! No one knows for sure except the CMP management what will be in the store and they donít tell what will be stocked in advance.... I hate to use the term original 1903ís because rifles conditions are from good to very good with lots with correct dated barrel for the receiver, some have an original stock, but also lots of replacement stocks. Some have Hatcher holes, some USMC butt plates and occasionally a USMC rifle with lots of USMC indicator traits. Good luck.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:30 PM

Default On the Road Early

Quote:
After Thursday opening all bets are off as to if they will have 1903ís or not.... Seems that Thursday and Saturday are the busiest, but you never know for sure until you arrive at the store. They could sell lots of 1903ís at opening Thursday, have none in PM and not restock anymore!!! No one knows for sure except the CMP management what will be in the store and they donít tell what will be stocked in advance.... I hate to use the term original 1903ís because rifles conditions are from good to very good with lots with correct dated barrel for the receiver, some have an original stock, but also lots of replacement stocks. Some have Hatcher holes, some USMC butt plates and occasionally a USMC rifle with lots of USMC indicator traits. Good luck.
Convinced me to leave Myrtle Beach EARLY and arrive well before closure....=Hard to believe they would sell out based on your past posts..........but then, it'd be my luck to 'just lose out' ! Such is life.... PS....absolutely LOVE reading your posts with counts of what's available...one reason I'm going! Thanks
Old 07-23-2019, 09:06 PM

Quote:
After Thursday opening all bets are off as to if they will have 1903ís or not.... Seems that Thursday and Saturday are the busiest, but you never know for sure until you arrive at the store. They could sell lots of 1903ís at opening Thursday, have none in PM and not restock anymore!!!
The good side to this is if there are no 03's in the store hopefully there will be a good selection of SA/HRA service and field grades Garands instead.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Great to hear, maybe I'll get lucky and snag a USMC 1903.