Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2019, 09:22 AM

Default South Store Report 08/08/2019

There was ONE customer at opening and a few more shortly after opening. Racks were full.

Armors today are Bobby and Hunter.

I will be on a trip Friday-Saturday, so no report, but Rob30.06 has volunteered to do report both days, if hes at the store...

1903 rifles OR drill rifles, ZERO....

CMP Specials/Field, SA 10, HRA Specials and Field 7, IHC .308 1.

WRA SG/FG, 9 No WRA barrels, one WIN13 and no cartouches.

SA FG, 11, some with original WWII barrels, lots of cartouches, GAW, NFR, SHM, DAS and JLG, some very nice....

HRA FG, 570xxxx, 11-55 barrel.

IHC 22, SG/FG, about half with CMP stocks. I found my golden egg this morning, a nice USMC 0-65 with LMR barrel and IHC stock!!!

SA 6 million, 3, 1220.00.

M1C SA SG, 1

M1D WRA RG, 1.

Daisy air rifles, 2.

Very nice AFH bayonets available, 68.00.

Good luck on your searches.
Old 08-08-2019, 10:06 AM

Great snag Tom. Thanks for the report!
Old 08-08-2019, 11:52 AM

Tom,
I'll be your Huckleberry tomorrow since I plan to make the trip down. I am not going to be nearly as detailed as you typically are but should be able to give some idea of what is there.
I don't often get to see the store on Fridays so it should be interesting.

Rob

Oh, that is a real neat Marine Corps Rebuild you found there. Serialized hang tag that matches is just icing on a pretty sweet cake already.
Thanks for the set of photos for my records.
I notice the A stamped on the grip of the stock. I have seen enough of those on Marine rifles, including SecNav Trophy Rifles that I feel they are common on at least some of the Marine Rifles.
This one has it all going for it!

Last edited by rob30-06; 08-08-2019 at 12:15 PM. Reason: added detail
Old 08-08-2019, 01:01 PM

Default USMC Maintenance Service Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob30-06 View Post
Tom,
I'll be your Huckleberry tomorrow since I plan to make the trip down. I am not going to be nearly as detailed as you typically are but should be able to give some idea of what is there.
I don't often get to see the store on Fridays so it should be interesting.

Rob

Oh, that is a real neat Marine Corps Rebuild you found there. Serialized hang tag that matches is just icing on a pretty sweet cake already.
Thanks for the set of photos for my records.
I notice the A stamped on the grip of the stock. I have seen enough of those on Marine rifles, including SecNav Trophy Rifles that I feel they are common on at least some of the Marine Rifles.
This one has it all going for it!

I have only seen two USMC maintenance service tags, a later small tag and this earlier maintenance tags with correct serial numbers on a rifle in the last six years of doing this report. I see tags often but no serial numbers...
Old 08-08-2019, 01:15 PM

Good for you Tom!

You deserve a rifle like that for all the hard work you do entertaining those of us unable to get to the South Store.

Your reporting is almost like being there

All the best.

John
Old 08-08-2019, 01:28 PM

Default Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhusker View Post
Good for you Tom!

You deserve a rifle like that for all the hard work you do entertaining those of us unable to get to the South Store.

Your reporting is almost like being there

All the best.

John
Thank John for your comments. I enjoy it and on occasion I take one home with me!!! I have to restrain myself because I can always find something that is interesting but with our limits I need to ration my purchases!!!!
Old 08-08-2019, 02:58 PM

Default Thursday closing report

There were 59 rifles present at closing, no restock during the day.

1903s were being put in the rack at closing, I think there will be seven, most were nice to very nice.. SAs and one very nice Rock Island. Mark Is, 114xxxx (2), 116/118/119.... most seem to have original barrels, TE/MEs are good.

CMP Specials/Field, 11

IHC SG/FG, 23. #451xxxx has a NAVMC large yellow (Navy and USMC) Maintenance Service tag with the correct serial number on tag, BUT doesnt have the typical USMC rebuild marking that I could see....

SA FG 5.

HRA FG, 1.

WRA FG, 10

Other rifles remain about the same.

Good luck on your searches.
Old 08-08-2019, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH68 View Post
I have only seen two USMC maintenance service tags, a later small tag and this earlier maintenance tags with correct serial numbers on a rifle in the last six years of doing this report. I see tags often but no serial numbers...
For educational purposes for those that may be interested attached is pics of the serialized Marine tags Tom speaks of. The top one is of the rifle he bought today. It is the earlier type maintenance tag.

The bottom one is of the second and later type serialized maintenance tag he spoke of. Just so happens that rifle belongs to me. For verification purposes I have added the CMP blue tag.

[

Last edited by Ronwall; 08-08-2019 at 07:26 PM.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:12 PM

Ronwall, I managed to pick up a WIN-13 a while back that still had the second type tag attached. It wasn't in as good shape as the one you posted, but the rifle shoots like a dream.

David

Last edited by shogun3; 08-09-2019 at 12:26 PM.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:28 PM

Only ONE customer at opening?!...haven’t there been about 20 people the last 3 Thursdays? And not an 03 in sight, but a bunch of cartouche stocks. They always like to make it interesting.

Last edited by i1afli; 08-08-2019 at 07:31 PM.