Old 08-22-2019, 09:20 PM

Default 1903

Quote:
Originally Posted by T18B40 View Post
How much are the Ď03 rifles going for? Thanks in advance! ����
650.00/ with C stock 750.00
Old 08-23-2019, 10:06 AM

Default South Store Friday Opening

There were 10 customers at opening and the racks were full..

Armors today are Bobby, Taska and Steve.

IHC SG, 8, most USGI wood with couple of numbered IHC stocks.

1903, 14, SA, Rock Island and Remington, most had replacement barrels (42-44) except Remingtons which had correct dated barrels. The 1903ís were a hot item, about half sold at opening..

SA FG, 19, only saw a few DAS cartouches and one with IHC stock. Some with original WWII barrels.

WRA SG, 2/ FG 15. No WRA barrels or WIN13ís.

SA 6 million, 3.

M1C SA SG, very nice with matching serial number scope mount, it had a dark black finish, but very nice, ME 0/ TE 1 or 2?

M1D WRA RG, 1.

CMP SA Special Field, 4.

CMP Special, WRA, 1.

Good luck on your searches.
Old 08-23-2019, 11:09 AM

There always seems to be 1 M1D WRA RG...has it been the same one for weeks or do they sell and get restocked 1 at a time?
And thanks for the great report PH.
Old 08-23-2019, 01:40 PM

Default M1d

Quote:
Originally Posted by i1afli View Post
There always seems to be 1 M1D WRA RG...has it been the same one for weeks or do they sell and get restocked 1 at a time?
And thanks for the great report PH.
The current M1D WRA RG is just that RG, so they have been rough. I donít know if a RG has sold or been replaced, I donít spend much time looking at the lonely RG. The barrel ME/TEís have been very high and I think the purchaser would be looking at a rebuild project. There were several at one time but all in the same general condition and I think they have others available in the back but not much movement on them...

Thanks for the comment.
Old 08-23-2019, 01:47 PM

Might make the trip down in the morning to take a look at the IHCs, You never know what might be lurking amongst them.

Rob
Old 08-23-2019, 02:06 PM

One more M1C to add... SN 337xxxx, appeared to have original finish. SA 2/51 barrel with chamber in the white. Barrel readings around 1-2. Not sure what was going on with it, it was being held for someone who came in and called a buyer on the phone to relay the condition. Not sure if it was sold to them or not. Appeared to be some kind of private deal. May or may not be on the rack. Seemed like a very nice C. I wasn’t able to look at it closely, just heard the info being relayed to the actual buyer on the phone.

Feedback thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=242453

Last edited by Americal; 08-23-2019 at 02:21 PM.
Old 08-23-2019, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americal View Post
Not sure what was going on with it, it was being held for someone who came in and called a buyer on the phone to relay the condition.
Interesting... I thought they didn't allow purchasing agents anymore?

I'm surprised that they'll hold a rifle for someone.
Old 08-23-2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeroub View Post
Interesting... I thought they didn't allow purchasing agents anymore?

I'm surprised that they'll hold a rifle for someone.
This may be a mistaken impression.
I had a guy I know call me earlier and asked me a bunch of questions on an M1C that matches the description, but he was the one thinking of buying it (not me since I already have one).
He called me again later, on his way home, and told me that he had decided not to purchase it. Nothing wrong with the rifle as it sounded pretty nice. I think it was the thought of all the rest of the money that would have to be spent to finish it off.
Old 08-23-2019, 02:42 PM

Default M1c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americal View Post
One more M1C to add... SN 337xxxx, appeared to have original finish. SA 2/51 barrel with chamber in the white. Barrel readings around 1-2. Not sure what was going on with it, it was being held for someone who came in and called a buyer on the phone to relay the condition. Not sure if it was sold to them or not. Appeared to be some kind of private deal. May or may not be on the rack. Seemed like a very nice C. I wasnít able to look at it closely, just heard the info being relayed to the actual buyer on the phone.
It was still in the rack at closing. It wasnít a special deal with someone. I know both the possible buyer and the gentleman on the other end of the phone. The possible buyer had discussed the rifle with me, Iím no expert on them but provided the knowledge I had to him. Because the rifle would be about 3300.00 plus out the door he wanted to discuss further what the condition was with an expert on them, the gentleman on the other end of the phone. It was all above board.. hope this clears things up. Tom