Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-05-2019, 09:02 AM
PH68 PH68 is online now
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Anniston Alabama
Posts: 611
Default South Store Report 09/05/2019

There were 9 customers at opening and the racks were full. Only saw a couple faint SA cartouches and several DAS, there were quite a few lock bar sights present, most rifles had USGI stocks.

Armors today are Bobby, Ellyn and Hunter.

IHC SG 5/ FG 6.

1903, 9, five sold at opening.

CMP Special RG, 3, 2 sold at opening, one had a straight cut WRA WIN13 op rod, don’t see that often...

SA FG, 22.

WRA FG, 17, two WRA barrels, no WIN13... There was a barrel marked SAC, which I hadn’t seen before but was told by armor it is Short Action Custom barrel, learned something new..

M1D WRA RG, 1.

SA 6 million, 1.

M1C SA, SG 1 and FG 1.

CMP Special FG, 4

CMP Special WRA, 1

Good luck on your searches.

Last edited by PH68; 09-05-2019 at 09:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-05-2019, 11:42 AM
Kells81 Kells81 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Granbury Texas
Posts: 82
Default

Short Action Custom barrel,

Like the Short Action Customs Wellington OH? How does something like that come about?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-05-2019, 12:16 PM
bnichols70 bnichols70 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: NE Oklahoma
Posts: 10
Default Okie buyer

Sure do appreciate your help Mr. Tom! I bought those you and I discussed, along with making a stop over at Talladega and grabbing two IHC 308's there.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-05-2019, 01:09 PM
PH68 PH68 is online now
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Anniston Alabama
Posts: 611
Default SAC barrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kells81 View Post
Short Action Custom barrel,

Like the Short Action Customs Wellington OH? How does something like that come about?
I have no idea on that unless it was on a donated rifle to the CMP from a private donation..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-05-2019, 01:10 PM
PH68 PH68 is online now
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Anniston Alabama
Posts: 611
Default Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnichols70 View Post
Sure do appreciate your help Mr. Tom! I bought those you and I discussed, along with making a stop over at Talladega and grabbing two IHC 308's there.
It was my pleasure helping you this morning and congratulations on a very nice haul of rifles. Hope you enjoy them all...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-05-2019, 03:55 PM
PH68 PH68 is online now
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Anniston Alabama
Posts: 611
Default Thursday closing report

There was a 29 rifle restock at midday. Small arms ammunition metal cans have been added to inventory, small 10.00, large 15.00. 1911 wooden storage pistol crates still available at 25.00.

WRA FG, 7
CMP Specials, 6
CMP Special RG, 6
CMP Special FG, 4

There were 46 rifles present at closing.

SA FG, 12.

CMP Special RG, 5

HRA FG, 1.

WRA FG, 5.

IHC SG, 11.

CMP Special WRA, 1/ SA 2

SA 6 million, 1

M1C SA SG 1/ FG 1

M1D WRA RG, 1.

Daisy Air Rifles, 5.

Good luck on your searches.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-05-2019, 06:41 PM
freelancer99 freelancer99 is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 32
Default

Tom, as a long time follower of your posts, I have to say thank you so much, and I look forward to the new one every week. And to Rob3006, for contributing on a regular basis as well. To those of us on the west coast, or even out in the middle of the Pacific, it feels almost like paying a visit! I hope to one day thank you in person.
Question: I feel like I'm seeing an increase both on the auction and from your reports of more complete WW2 rifles and many more retaining their lock bar sights than ever before. It wasn't that long ago that this was a real rarity.
What do you think and where do you suppose these rifles are coming from?
Thanks again,
Ian
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-05-2019, 07:54 PM
PH68 PH68 is online now
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Anniston Alabama
Posts: 611
Default Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancer99 View Post
Tom, as a long time follower of your posts, I have to say thank you so much, and I look forward to the new one every week. And to Rob3006, for contributing on a regular basis as well. To those of us on the west coast, or even out in the middle of the Pacific, it feels almost like paying a visit! I hope to one day thank you in person.
Question: I feel like I'm seeing an increase both on the auction and from your reports of more complete WW2 rifles and many more retaining their lock bar sights than ever before. It wasn't that long ago that this was a real rarity.
What do you think and where do you suppose these rifles are coming from?
Thanks again,
Ian
Thanks for your nice comment and glad you enjoy the reporting, I enjoy doing them. I think your right about more lock bar sights showing up in the store and mail order as well as some nice parts showing up as well to include WWII barrels and some very nice cartouches. BUT, this seems to run in cycles and I never know what cycle we will be in until the door opens. I believe it just comes down to what container of rifles that the armors are working on that day as to what will show up in the store. AND we (the customer) never know what they are working on but my guess is recently they are Philippine rifles, but only management knows for sure and they donít share what their business plans are with us... We all just have to wait and see. Recently there have been some really nice rifles and I hope they continue for a long time.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-05-2019, 08:06 PM
xoldsmugglerx xoldsmugglerx is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NE
Posts: 419
Default

I was there today for my first visit to the south store. It was sort of underwhelming compared to previous pictures I saw and of my visits to the north store. When I was there, there were 4 1903ís left. I almost pulled the trigger on one with a c stock. I didnít and it ended up selling shortly after.

Later I went to the Talladega marksmanship park and they had a better selection of M1ís than the south store did. Some very nice IHCís. I ended up picking up a 3.8mil Springfield field grade. It has the original 44 barrel, a SA NFR stock and a correct bolt and some internals.

I couldnít pass it up and then got a free range pass and a discount on creedmor ammo. I ended up getting a case of 308 and shot on the range with my long range gun I happened to have in my truck.
__________________
Semper Fi
USMC
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-05-2019, 09:32 PM
Craftsman Craftsman is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 7,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoldsmugglerx View Post
I was there today for my first visit to the south store. It was sort of underwhelming compared to previous pictures I saw and of my visits to the north store. When I was there, there were 4 1903ís left. I almost pulled the trigger on one with a c stock. I didnít and it ended up selling shortly after.

Later I went to the Talladega marksmanship park and they had a better selection of M1ís than the south store did. Some very nice IHCís. I ended up picking up a 3.8mil Springfield field grade. It has the original 44 barrel, a SA NFR stock and a correct bolt and some internals.

I couldnít pass it up and then got a free range pass and a discount on creedmor ammo. I ended up getting a case of 308 and shot on the range with my long range gun I happened to have in my truck.
Sounds like a nice one! You do mean an original 45' barrel on a 3.8 SA?
__________________
Grandfathers Dwight & Percy- Both WWI US Army, Tank Corps & Corps of Engineers
Uncle Colby- WWII US Army Infantry - European Theater
Dad - US Army Infantry, Stateside - 1954-1956

VFW Patriots Circle Member
NRA Life Member
PMRPC - CMP/GSM Rifle Match Chairman
GSM Master Instructor
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 PM.