Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2011, 07:40 AM

Default Ha

"But the down side......, She won't shoot through frozen winter clothing......"[/QUOTE]

BS
Old 03-12-2011, 08:35 AM

According to the gun rags all the best designed, best working military-quality firearms aren't made in the US. I take it we in the US don't understand how that's done anymore according to the experts.

So, some outfit in Europe.....FN, H&K, Sig etc.

I.B. Waitin
Old 03-12-2011, 08:46 AM

Rock-Ola. They probably still have the tooling plans and are still around.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:41 AM

K-Tel and Ronco
CMP HP Master
DR#2474 (2019) 1/2 with irons, 1/2 with optics
Old 03-12-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwl018 View Post
Probably the same firms that are currently geared up to produce halberds and caltrops......

Could you imagine the look on some young Patriots' face at Valley Forge if someone handed him one with a 30 round magazine saying, "She's handy, fast, and accurate." "But the down side......, She won't shoot through frozen winter clothing......"
Certainly not.........at 500 yards.

Would you like to carry out a test at, say, 100 yards? I'll do the shooting.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:11 PM

Maybe a Barrett would be the better way to go for defeating 'thermal body armor'. Aside from Barrett making more ‘war babies’, it could easily be any of our small arms makers..… Alliant Techsystems, ArmaLite, Colt, Bushmaster Firearms Int, Caspian Arms Ltd, Detonics, Knights Armament Co, Land Warfare Resources Corp, Mossberg, Olympic Arms, Remington Arms, RND Manufacturing, Rock River Arms, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armory Inc, STI International, Sturm Ruger, Textron Systems…among many others. U.S. Ordnance of Nevada is already busy with ˝ billion $$ defense orders for machine guns.
I think we (the U.S.) are already producing more small arms for export than we could ever need ourselves for a full mobilization. Especially given the amount of people we could possibly put in uniform. Sales to Sweden is partly what got our own Ronnie Barrett up and running back in the early 80’s.
Next closest to U.S. for arms production spending would be China at about 1/8th what we spend. Considering that out of the worlds top 20 largest defense contractors, 14 are U.S.Co’s (including the 3 biggest in the world), I kind of doubt we’ll be dependant on anyone ‘overseas’ anytime soon. Its kinda in part why we get to play with these old carbines today.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22mike View Post
Who would build M1 Carbines today if we needed them for another world war ???
My guess is that one of the companies that could make them is the same company that's building new ones right now. Last I checked you could buy a brand new, made in the USA, M1 Carbine from Auto Ordnance/Kahr.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:49 PM

There are about a quarter-million of them sitting in warehouses in South Korea, along with about half a million M1 Garands, which our current President and Secretary of State will not allow to be imported back to the US.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:23 AM

Default Don't GO there

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCBurner View Post
There are about a quarter-million of them sitting in warehouses in South Korea, along with about half a million M1 Garands, which our current President and Secretary of State will not allow to be imported back to the US.
Been down that road...........don't need to view that again....PLEASE PLEASE Noooooooooooooo
Old 10-18-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwl018 View Post
Probably the same firms that are currently geared up to produce halberds and caltrops......

Could you imagine the look on some young Patriots' face at Valley Forge if someone handed him one with a 30 round magazine saying, "She's handy, fast, and accurate." "But the down side......, She won't shoot through frozen winter clothing......"
I believe that "will not shoot through frozen cloths was pretty well proven wrong back in ww2 for proof try: http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot36.htm