Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade > Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2011, 04:31 PM

Default Modelo Argentino1891 Mauser (Army) Sword Bayonet

I put this back in the safe for now,

Note – the following quoted information is mostly from the website www.arms2armor.com but I have tried to paraphrase and use quotation marks to honor their proprietary wording.

Beginning of quote
“This bayonet was designed to fit the Modelo Argentino 1891 Mauser Infantry rifle
manufactured in Germany under contract.
Most if not all were manufactured by Weyersberg, Kirschbaum, and company.
They are extremely well made…and usually found with an aluminum hilt-steel cross-guard, and hooked “blade breaker” quillon. The latching mechanism is push button, internal spring..
The blades are straight single-edged and fullered on both sides. The blades are stamped on the ricasso –with Weyersberg, Kirschbaum and Cie./Solingen.
(The bayonet I have for sale is marked Weyersberg, Kirschbaum and Co./Solingen).
The other side is has the Argentine Crest (mine is completely ground off) which is usually ground off when released from the arsenal as surplus wares). The scabbard is made of sheet rolled steel, ball finial, and are usually dark “blued” finish. Both bayonet and scabbard are stamped with a serial number beginning with and alpha-character prefix followed by a 4 digit number.” End of quote.)….

My scabbard is in excellent plus condition and is serial number R7777.
The bayonet serial number was ground off with the Argentine crest but looks like it was not matched anyway (from the bottom of some of the serial number I can make out).

This bayonet and scabbard have been in my possession for over 50 years and other than the removal of the crest and serial number they are in unbelievable condition considering their age of 110 years.

I will pay the shipping by Priority mail to you.

I ship only in the lower 48 states in the U.S.

I prefer postal money orders but accept cashier's checks, money orders and personal checks (takes about 7 additional business days).

You will have 3 days to inspect and return for full refund.

I can usually ship right away, but due to some health issues, please allow 2 business days for me to ship after I receive payment.

louielouie

Check me out on EBAY as newlouielouie and close to 200 transactions with 100% positive feedback.

I check the web site about 4 times a day. Usually the last time is about 6 p.m.

http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/...urrent=1of.jpg

If you click on the web site below there are 12 photos of the bayonet and scabbard that you can see (if you want).

NO LONGER FOR SALE

Last edited by louielouie; 08-20-2011 at 04:43 PM. Reason: adding photos