• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OldGrouchyGuy
    • Oct 2012

New Texas Member

Hello everyone.

I am posting from China, that's where I am working because I can't find a decent job in the US, I have to feed my family andI am not A WELFARE taking person (I was raised better than that), I believe everyone has to do for themselves . Don't worry, I am a US citizen descended from a long line of US citizens.

My US home and tax base is in TX. I always wanted to join CMP. The Civilian Marksmenship Program is a great program and I am glad to be here and hope to be able to support it.

I read a quote from a WWII Japanese General once, explaining to the Japanese Emperor why Japan could not invade the US.

I am paraphrasing, but that ole General basically said, "everyone has guns and ammo in the US, they hunt, they know the lay of the land and all the choke points/killing fields. If you invade the US, there will be a gun pointing at us from behind every single blade of grass!"

Now that's the 2nd amendment there in action!

I am an NRA member , a CHL (concealed carry license holder) and an 03 FFL holder.

I can't find an affiilated org close to my home in the US to join so I can be a member of CMP.

An astute fellow (Dragon 64) on surplus rifle forum said I could join Garand Collectors association for 25 bucks as a CMP affiliated org. Is that true? Can you give some contact info if so?

I really think CMP is all that and a bag of Chips! Its a great organization and I want to support it.

I really want to buy some guns from CMP too (An M-1 Garand for the shadow box on the wall honoring my WWII vet dad, may God bless him) and one of them rusty kimber 22's for me for plinking pleasure.

Can ya'all help a newbie out?
    Last edited by OldGrouchyGuy; 10-11-2012, 07:42 AM.
  • TexRdnec
    • May 2010

yes the GCA (thegca.org) counts as an affiliated club, as does the Texas State rifle association (tsra.com)

Comment

• OldGrouchyGuy
      • Oct 2012

Thank you very much Good Sir,

I will check both of them out.

You have a cool name (nickname ) BTW.

In closing, Thanks alot!

Comment

• Deerjager
        • May 2012

Welcome to the forum
        "If you are coming to get my guns, bring your own"

μολων λαβέ
        NRA Life Member

Comment

• txarsoncop
          • Oct 2009

Howdy

Welcome fellow Texan!
          bill

SA M1 Garand X2, Shuff's SA M1 Mini-G, Inland M1 'hand stamp' Carbine, NPM M1 Carbine, Remington 03-A3, Ithaca 1911A1, RR 1911A1

CMP/forum member since April 2005. For the love of all that is holy, if we do business do me a solid and leave feedback. I'll do the same for you.

Comment

• OldGrouchyGuy
            • Oct 2012

Thanks everyone for all the help and advice,

I ending up joining the GCA. It was a very easy and smooth process.

Comment

• thedoveshooter
              • Jul 2012

Where's your "home base" in Texas? I'm in Tomball.

Comment

• m1ashooter
                • Oct 2009

Howdy from the Houston Metro.
                SAC Peace Is Our Profession

Comment

• OldGrouchyGuy
                  • Oct 2012

Originally posted by thedoveshooter View Post
                  Where's your "home base" in Texas? I'm in Tomball.
                  Doveshooter,

Tomball, no kidding? It certainly is a small world. I am overseas on business right now, but we (my extended family and I) live just up the road from you in Magnolia.

Howdy M1A Shooter.
                  Last edited by OldGrouchyGuy; 10-13-2012, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X