Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2018, 04:06 PM

I like the 5- and 6-digit receivers because of the large font serial numbers. The larger character sizes are seen up into the 1.5Ms actually.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH68 View Post
When he picked it up I asks if he was from Tuscaloosa, I was guessing it was you... He then told me he was from Ohio. Maybe there will be another soon..
I should have announced my intentions at the door and maybe someone would have put me with it. I have a 1/1941 and wanted the 1/1940 since my birthday is in January. I would just like to have a five digit as old as possible. I wanted to meet you but didn't know you were there. Did you have a small notebook that you were writing in? If so, I stood right beside you a couple of times but I thought you would be older.

Last edited by tbutler; 06-14-2018 at 04:26 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH68 View Post
My pick of the morning, HRA RG 568xxxx with 3/55 HRA original barrel TE 2/ME 3, HRA op rod, HRA bolt, trigger group complete IHC, nice USGI stock with Anniston rebuild stamp. I really think this one got mistagged. Congratulations to the new owner...
This was my third trip to the south store. The first two times I'd driven from SC with the intent to purchase a rifle (or two). This time, I was in Gadsden for work and took a little time to drive down to the store. I'd looked through the racks twice and was satisfied that nothing spoke to me, I was saving money and leaving empty handed. One last trip through the rack... I didn't have an HRA so I was kind of looking for one. A few nice CMP Specials with HRA receivers but they didn't really tug at my heart strings. Then I picked up this rifle. I noticed the HRA bolt... noticed the HRA barrel. The stock had a varnish on it but it was nice overall. So I asked Tom for his opinion on it. He broke it down and pointed out the HRA oprod and the Anniston rebuild stamp. The only "drawback" was the IHC trigger group. I thought it was really nice for a rack grade. The two guys behind the counter really liked it too. One of them commented that it should have been a service grade. For $580, I couldn't put it back on the shelf. Thanks for your help Tom!
Old 06-15-2018, 09:24 AM

Default Friday opening report/NEW STOCK

There were four customers at opening and the racks were full.

New stock: IHC SG 4, CMP stocks. FG 4/RG 2

CMP Specials, SA 3, HRA 1.

SA FG 19, RG 1

WRA FG 13

1/4 box cotton slings.

Other rifles remain about the same.

Good luck on your searches.
Old 06-15-2018, 03:04 PM

Tom it was great meeting you this morning. I did come home with the 3,43 Springfield Special with the dark CMP stock. Thank you for spotting that one out for me. I was still leaning towards that HRA, as it had a nice dark stock as well, but the December `44 receiver really spoke to me. The only issue was that the certificate ink was smudged, pretty badly in fact. I have contacted the CMP and left a message to see if I can get a replacement.

The IHC service grades were very nice. At least 2 left with customers right after I left with my Special.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 06-15-2018, 03:05 PM

Just a note you will see a lot of 3+ on the muzzle. I think they are some of Turkish returns check to see if they are counter bored. I picked a nice gun up with that reading with the intent to change the barrel anyway. I did try a few rounds and the gun did not want to cycle .
Old 06-15-2018, 03:54 PM

Default Friday Closing Report

There were 59 rifles remaining at closing and the racks weren’t restocked during day.

CMP Specials, SA 2.

WRA FG 12.

IHC SG 1, FG 3

SA FG 15.

HRA FG 3

Restock should be about same types as current inventory.

1/2 box cotton slings.

Good luck on your searches
Old 06-15-2018, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGON64 View Post
Store question; is the CMP cash~n~carry, or can we have the rifle shipped? Was hoping to not have to pay the 10% sales tax.
You can have the rifle shipped to Huntsville. All you have to do is fly from Huntsville to Birmingham, rent a car, and drive to the store. Your return ticket from Birmingham to Huntsville will allow them to ship the rifle for you.

You'll still pay 10% tax.

"Life is Good!"
Old 06-15-2018, 11:35 PM

I managed to grab a few pics before family time; I gotta say that I liked the older rifle cases better, but these are not too bad:

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 06-16-2018, 09:40 AM

Default Saturday Opening Report

There were 12 customers at opening and they were buyers not lookers. The racks were full. My numbers may be off a little due to opening rush.

There were 61 of the possible 75 after opening rush.

CMP Specials, SA 4, HRA 2

IHC SG 3, FG 5, RG 2

WRA FG 12

SA FG 11, RG 2.

HRA FG 3, RG 1

1/2 box cotton slings.

Good luck on your searches.