Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2018, 12:00 PM

Default South Store Report (tomorrow) & TMP Store Report 07/25/2018

UPDATE: I will be on vacation next week and will return to reporting on August 9th.

Made the trip to West Store to check current inventory today.

UPDATE: there has been a discussion of a restock at the West Store but as of closing today no restock yet...

There are 35 rifles present at West store, all hackberry with 10 the red/orange color stocks. No WWII barrels

WRA SG 3, FG 11. No WRA barrels or WIN13.

SA FG 3.

HRA zero

IHC SG 9/FG 9/RG 1. Some with LMR barrels.

Local rumor is that we will start to see the return of USGI stocks to store and mail order in the not to distant future. Word is that the stocks on Philippine rifles are pretty nice wood.����

Mike has been a constant at the store since I have been doing this report, two plus years, but he is no longer that constant. He is there occasionally. I think he is working on other CMP projects, I could guess what it is but not my place to discuss. But the result of his absence is that the CMP is rotating their armorers to work the store each week. Never have met one I didn’t like and it’s enjoyable talking to all the different armorers. They are doing a great job at the store, as well as at the armory. Thanks to them all, we appreciate their hard work.

There will be no report next week from me. I will be on an Alaskan cruise for my 70th Birthday!!! I will be looking for the report from someone so I don’t go though store withdrawals while on vacation.

Good luck on your searches.

Last edited by PH68; 07-28-2018 at 03:32 PM.
Old 07-25-2018, 12:22 PM

Tom. Your past prognostications about CMP projects have proven to be very accurate (i.e., M1D combo release) so go ahead and let's hear your "best guess" about what else may be upcoming. In the mean time, Happy Birthday, and have a great cruise!!
Old 07-25-2018, 12:30 PM

Happy Birthday, Tom.
Old 07-25-2018, 12:35 PM

Default Guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanJ View Post
Tom. Your past prognostications about CMP projects have proven to be very accurate (i.e., M1D combo release) so go ahead and let's hear your "best guess" about what else may be upcoming. In the mean time, Happy Birthday, and have a great cruise!!
Well being you put it that way!!! Best guess is we will start to see some SA and HRA’s in the store, NOT short term but in the not to distant future......
Old 07-25-2018, 01:02 PM

Tom, We did that "Inside Passage" cruise to Alaska a couple of years back. You'll love it. It is one that I've wanted to repeat!
USMC Ret. 1986, US Army Civilian Retired 2011

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell
Old 07-25-2018, 01:06 PM

Default Alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny View Post
Tom, We did that "Inside Passage" cruise to Alaska a couple of years back. You'll love it. It is one that I've wanted to repeat!
Thanks for information, but this will be our 6th time doing it. Everyone needs to do it at least ONCE. We normally cruise twice a year so that cuts into my CMP money😄
Old 07-25-2018, 04:17 PM

I think very highly of the South Store staff. The armors are interesting to talk to and are always very pleasant. Mike graduating on to other projects will be a loss for the store. His firm command of operations (and difficult customers when necessary) kept the store running fair and efficiently. I hope someone is able to fill that role. Mike, Congrats if you read this and I hope I still see you around the store now and then.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:04 AM

Happy Birthday Tom!
Old 07-26-2018, 09:04 AM

It is always good to see the weekly reports and I appreciate the exception job you do on reporting. Hope you enjoy the cruise and have a Happy Birthday, Tom. You deserve a well earned break.
Old 07-26-2018, 09:29 AM

Happy Birthday Tom, enjoy your cruise!