Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2019, 06:54 PM

O yea I was eyeing the one you had. Had you put that back I would have grabbed it to lol. Probably good for me you got it or my wife would have killed me
Old 11-23-2019, 07:22 PM

That's an awesome set of rifles
Old 11-23-2019, 08:27 PM

You got some nice rifles paintman!!! Good score!!!!
Old 11-24-2019, 07:08 AM

Nice rifles, got me thinking about my first trip.

1 USGI "rack" grade M1 that was fresh from RRAD rebuild. I think the freckling on the park made it a "rack" grade. I forget the throat reading, but the muzzle is a 1 (before hang tags). an 03A3 with a 0 muzzle that Bob helped me pick out. Last, but not least 2 cans of delinked LC .30 cal in CMP boxes. I got out the door with all that for about $1100.
Old 11-24-2019, 10:05 AM

Very nice! Ainít it fun!?
Old 11-24-2019, 08:09 PM

I’m cleaning them right now. I am in love with these guns! The 6 digit really turns on my imagination. It’s obviously been rebuilt at least once. Everything on it has a nice wear that just makes me wonder what this rifle has seen. Interesting for sure.
On another positive note I planned on shooting when I got home this afternoon. That was postponed when I figured out my German Shepherd had her puppies. All 12 of them! Guess shooting will have to wait.
Old 11-24-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintman View Post
Iím cleaning them right now. I am in love with these guns! The 6 digit really turns on my imagination. Itís obviously been rebuilt at least once. Everything on it has a nice wear that just makes me wonder what this rifle has seen. Interesting for sure.
On another positive note I planned on shooting when I got home this afternoon. That was postponed when I figured out my German Shepherd had her puppies. All 12 of them! Guess shooting will have to wait.
How have your barrels turned out so far? The one you saw me with, a six digit, ME 1+, TE 2+, is cleaning up really well. It is bright and shiny with no issues based on condition. It is a NM marked barrel. It cleaned up pretty easily. It is at least the second Field Grade I have bought there recently that in reality is Service Grade.
Springfield Armory 5,940,259, 5,840,184, 4,238,435 and 2,023,912.
Harrington & Richardson 5,549,399.

Words that are always found together:
USA: Liquor Store and Robbed, Pressure Cooker and Explode
Germany:
Air Show and Rammstein

"REPO" M1 Parts: The parts you buy that they come to take back later on.
Old 11-24-2019, 09:28 PM

The 6 digit was the roughest of the 3. The muzzle measures just under 3 on my cmp gauge but cleaned up really well. It’s got some light surface rust under the wood. I would like to figure out how to clean it without hurting the finish. The HRA measures a 2 at the muzzle and cleaned up awesome. The IHC was the best. Mostly IHC parts, appears original lmr barrel that measures a 1. It did have some splotches under the wood as well.
Old 11-24-2019, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintman View Post
The 6 digit was the roughest of the 3. The muzzle measures just under 3 on my cmp gauge but cleaned up really well. Itís got some light surface rust under the wood. I would like to figure out how to clean it without hurting the finish. The HRA measures a 2 at the muzzle and cleaned up awesome. The IHC was the best. Mostly IHC parts, appears original lmr barrel that measures a 1. It did have some splotches under the wood as well.
I have had the best luck using a penny as a scraper, gently working at it with some oil or bore cleaner on the rust, wiping it off often with more of the same solution to check progress. You have to use a penny that is old enough to be all copper. Using 0000 Steel Wool never really worked well for me. The penny is more gentle on the Parkerizing.
Springfield Armory 5,940,259, 5,840,184, 4,238,435 and 2,023,912.
Harrington & Richardson 5,549,399.

Words that are always found together:
USA: Liquor Store and Robbed, Pressure Cooker and Explode
Germany:
Air Show and Rammstein

"REPO" M1 Parts: The parts you buy that they come to take back later on.