Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Buyer/Seller Feedback forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-24-2019, 06:23 AM
GUNNUTinIowa GUNNUTinIowa is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 19
Default

Just received an email from my credit card company.

The message from my credit card company - “We are pleased to inform you that the dispute has been resolved in your favor, and the credit previously applied to your account is now permanent. No further action on your part is necessary.”
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-24-2019, 11:36 AM
RDS RDS is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Eastern Pa
Posts: 42
Default

I am glad your credit card company resolved the issue for you. I do not accept PayPal because the company is anti gun. Certified Checks and Cashiers Checks can be forged. I prefer US Postal Money Orders for payment and to pay. Thank you for the heads up on this scammer.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-25-2019, 08:52 PM
GUNNUTinIowa GUNNUTinIowa is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 19
Default

Interesting discussion on the other forum.

https://forum.cartridgecollectors.or...alert/35841/15
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-26-2019, 05:02 AM
Big_Red Big_Red is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: TX
Posts: 2,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNNUTinIowa View Post
Just received an email from my credit card company.
The message from my credit card company - “We are pleased to inform you that the dispute has been resolved in your favor, and the credit previously applied to your account is now permanent. No further action on your part is necessary.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNNUTinIowa View Post
Interesting discussion on the other forum.
https://forum.cartridgecollectors.or...alert/35841/15
Glad you were able to recover your money.
And its unfortunate the one forum was not more understanding of your efforts...these are niche markets and the scammers that prey upon them frequent many different sites dedicated to them, so the more awareness the better. Vast majority of the scammers identified here have tried on other sites...matter of fact, members here have identified some of them from those sites.

Regards,
Rob
__________________
Proud son of a Vietnam Veteran (1969, 1970) - In memoriam
OEF - '02, '08 / OIF - '03, '10 / OND - '11 / OIR/OEF - '15

CMP Customer / GCA Member / VFW & NRA Life Member


Feedback Thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=137544
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-26-2019, 05:41 AM
GUNNUTinIowa GUNNUTinIowa is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Red View Post
Glad you were able to recover your money.
And its unfortunate the one forum was not more understanding of your efforts...these are niche markets and the scammers that prey upon them frequent many different sites dedicated to them, so the more awareness the better. Vast majority of the scammers identified here have tried on other sites...matter of fact, members here have identified some of them from those sites.

Regards,
Rob
I am not sure how credit card disputes work, but if I had to guess

- I do not have to pay the money, but he still gets to keep the money? (I mean how would they collect the money from him?)

With reference to the other forum, I am simply astounded that they have no interest in providing this information to their members. Of course, this is the primary reason I am no longer a member there. I will NOT participate in a forum that cares so little for their own members.

I agree completely with your comment about the "niche markets". It is not like we are talking about table napkins that everybody uses. The buyers for such odd and unique items as 120mm APCSDS projectiles is extremely small.

The good news is that the buyers for this type of item are also well informed within their own community - well . . . except the folks on that one forum.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 PM.