Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2019, 11:18 AM

I guess you can't upload pics from computer to a reply? Anyway, I shoot my 40X HB, CMP gun, in 22 BR once a week. It shoots lights out once you find the right ammo. My high score on a US target is 2175-9X which was the high score that day. I was shooting off an old $150 Sinclair rest. Rest of the guys were up class with about $4K in their rests and rifles. I have shot a 249 on the UK target. I can't seem to get to 250. Scope was T36 but now I'm shooting a Night Force Comp, 42X which costs about seven times what the rifle cost me. It is good glass though. )))) I removed the blocks on the rifle and put cheap Weaver bases on it, Signature Zee rings. I do buy Eley Match and test several lots. If you don't shoot high-quality ammo and test lots, you'll never get the best results out of your rifle. I also have a Model 52D from the CMP. It probably shoots as well as the 40X. However, I don't want to drill it so I'm using an EGW mount which utilizes existing holes. The problem is my scope won't set far enough back so I'm leaning way into the rifle.

If you really want to see how well your rifle shoots, buy some good ammo and use the 22 BR targets.

BTW, I occasionally shoot a 200 yard "F" class match, 22 RF on the 600 yard F class target. I can consistently shoot 585-590 out of 600 which doesn't appear to tough until you figure in the wind on our 600 yard range. That is a LOT of funl Especially if you're n the pits. No noise, just the sound of the backer.

And if you really want to have some fun, shoot a mini-palma course with the reduced targets and the iron sights that came with your rifle. Just don't do it on a hot day.

Have fun!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TW56 View Post

I ordered it right after you posted this as it indicated they had it in stock.
CC shows paid for, yet not shipped. Called them and they said it's not in stock, and haven't had them for a long time. Furthermore, don't know when or if it will be.
Asked them to credit me, and correct the listing.
Neither has happened.
WMC.
Old 12-11-2019, 05:48 PM

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/838827329