Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > New Member Section
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2016, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator

Definitely bring ammunition. You won't need it for the clinic but there will be four 30 shot matches (plus 5 sighters for each match) during the next few days that you can participate in. Assuming you only have an M1A, you can enter the Modern Military Matches, once for record and three two times as a re-entry.

However, checking the starting times, it looks like you would be hard pressed to shoot the second Saturday match and the first match will be going on while you are in the clinic. So maybe three matches, definitely two.

"The trouble with most people is that they think with their hopes or fears or wishes rather than with their minds."--Will Durant

Last edited by GGaskill; 07-01-2016 at 01:42 AM.
Old 07-04-2016, 03:06 PM

THanks for the help fellas, i looked at the whittiongton center to ddint see anything. I emailed the guy in capitan to no avail.

I wish i had some one around here to hang with

thanks
Old 09-11-2016, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

Less than a month to the Western Games. You coming?

"The trouble with most people is that they think with their hopes or fears or wishes rather than with their minds."--Will Durant
Old 09-11-2016, 07:10 PM

Probably not, but i have been doing dry fire practice everyday getting ready for the next match in Ruidoso NM. Id like to go but i have a baby on the way.
Old 09-18-2016, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator

Priorities.

Old 09-18-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel17319 View Post
thanks for the info I'm aware of these fellas they won't help me zero my rifle tho
Not sure your source of info, but zeroing a rifle is pretty early on in the curriculum.
I have been so several, in a few time zones, and they all included instruction on, and assistance to those needing it, on zeroing.
http://www.appleseedinfo.org/pdf/Wha...Updated_05.pdf
Since you have an M1A style rifle it zeroes the same as a Garand. The google will find pages of links to articles and videos on just that.

Good luck
JH
Old 09-21-2016, 12:36 AM
Super Moderator

I emailed the guy in capitan to no avail.

Maybe drive down to one of their matches and deal with them in person. I realize its 200+ miles but that is the closest I have found.

Regarding zeroing your rifle, set up a target at 25 yards. Make up a few targets with a 2" bull. Set your rear sight in the center and 8 clicks up from the bottom. Shoot at least three shots, more if the group is large. (If you aren't getting hits on the paper, fire at the corners and make rough adjustments.) If the group center is to the left, adjust the rear sight windage to the right by 1 click per 1/4" of distance from the center of the aiming point. Opposite movement if group is right of center. Same for elevation. Put an SR-1 target at 100 yards and fire another group. Tune the sight settings for 100 yards, 1" per click now.

Last edited by GGaskill; 09-21-2016 at 12:46 AM.