Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > New Member Section
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2016, 04:01 PM

Default Clovis New Mexico, ISO: MENTORSHIP

I would like to find someone around here that could meet with me and show the me the fundamentals of marksmanship how to set up my sling zero my rifle and get started basically. I will buy you a steak dinner.

I was in the US Army Cav Scout i have a M1A style rifle, so I know a bit.

Im looking for a buddy to help me out with this in a nutshell that i can go shooting with etc.

thanks fellas i live Tucumcari NM near Clovis Amarillo santa fe ABQ
Old 06-27-2016, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel17319 View Post
I would like to find someone around here that could meet with me and show the me the fundamentals of marksmanship how to set up my sling zero my rifle and get started basically. I will buy you a steak dinner.

I was in the US Army Cav Scout i have a M1A style rifle, so I know a bit.

Im looking for a buddy to help me out with this in a nutshell that i can go shooting with etc.

thanks fellas i live Tucumcari NM near Clovis Amarillo santa fe ABQ
Welcome Daniel.

A long way from you, but I'm sure you will find a local to give you some help
on the forum.

Thanks for your service.

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=200241
Old 06-28-2016, 11:39 AM

Thanks

Im not a crazy person i swear. If someone that lives around here wants to help me i would appreciate it i have a few x military friends here that are interested to. Ill bring some food from the garden to
Old 06-28-2016, 05:12 PM

Is there an Appleseed nearby?
Old 06-28-2016, 05:14 PM

http://appleseedinfo.org/search-stat...e=New%20Mexico
Old 06-28-2016, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout706 View Post
Is there an Appleseed nearby?

thanks for the info I'm aware of these fellas they won't help me zero my rifle tho
Old 06-29-2016, 02:07 PM

How do connect with real people that compete in these competitions to learn how to do these things.
Old 06-30-2016, 03:04 AM
Super Moderator

Your problem is your location and the relatively small population of NM. It appears there is a club in Capitan that offers matches (email: kllyshaver@yahoo.com) including "as-issued" matches on 21 August and 23 October. I would shoot them an email for more info.

Otherwise there doesn't seem to be anything reasonably close in NM, OK, TX or CO. Not that Phoenix is closer but you could do worse than coming to the Western Games in October and taking the GSM New Shooter Rifle Clinic, followed by four days of matches to shoot in. Very likely you could pair up with an experienced shooter for mentoring.

GARAND - SPRINGFIELD - MILITARY NEW SHOOTER RIFLE CLINIC:
This clinic is recommended for all new shooters who plan to shoot in the following CMP Games; John C. Garand, Springfield and Vintage Military Rifle or the M1 Carbine Matches.

However, anyone may attend, whether or not they will shoot in the CMP Games Matches. The course consists of two hours of classroom instruction and demonstrations followed by one hour of coached dry fire position practice. Steve Cooper, CMP North General Manager, will instruct the clinic. CMP GSM Master Instructors will assist with the clinic and provide hands-on coaching and instruction during dry firing sessions. There must be at least 10 individuals registered, for the clinic to be held.

"The trouble with most people is that they think with their hopes or fears or wishes rather than with their minds."--Will Durant

Last edited by GGaskill; 06-30-2016 at 03:07 AM.
Old 06-30-2016, 01:52 PM

thanks for the info do i bring my rifle with me?
Old 06-30-2016, 05:05 PM

The course consists of two hours of classroom instruction and demonstrations followed by one hour of coached dry fire position practice.

It would be to your advantage to take your rifle and all of your shooting kit - less ammunition.