Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 08:34 AM

Rens rifle is spectacular. A few of us have xm25 builds. I bought an old kit from someone a few years back and built it on an LRB. B&Ls come up on eBay and elsewhere a lot. I bought 2 and sold one w/ an McMillan stock and later heavy profile Barnett barrel a few months back.

Old Yesterday, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Rens rifle is spectacular. A few of us have xm25 builds. I bought an old kit from someone a few years back and built it on an LRB. B&Ls come up on eBay and elsewhere a lot. I bought 2 and sold one w/ an McMillan stock and later heavy profile Barnett barrel a few months back.
Yes, Ren's XM25 will be very special based the quality of parts I saw in his pics, and your's is also a very nice example. I feel like I'm coming to this party a little late, as various rare XM25 parts have come up for sale in early 2016 that I missed out on, and I didn't know you had the McMillan stock for sale a few months back. I was building my M40A5 replica last spring/summer, which was a big investment, followed by a nice Winchester M70 replica sniper rifle from the summer into the fall. Here's that project
Currently has a 10x Lyman Super TargetSpot
...but would prefer the 10x Unertl scope on this project (but with black mounts instead of the silver aluminum mounts):
(...still hoping you can successfully anodize those Unertl mounts black, as that's the final touch to that project...)

For the M25 project, to date I have found a BPT spring guide, BPT scope mount, a properly modified M1 gas cylinder (thanks Ren), and I'm waiting on pics of two B&L 10x scopes this weekend. (would like to build an XM25, but the stock liner and barrel are tough to find...)

Hopefully someone might help me spot the proper McMilian forest camo stock, preferrably with selector cut-out, so we'll see...

Last edited by Random Guy; Today at 08:39 AM. Reason: Added pics
Old Today, 12:38 PM

Well I think I got very lucky, being relatively new to the M14 platform. I bought my first M14 part four years ago next month. I considered my timing a bit late as all the deals on USGI parts had come and gone.

I have gotten many fine parts since then but have had to pay dearly to get them.

The XM25 parts I have were really just being in the right place at the right time , no rime or reason just dumb luck.

Well I made the most of that and have put together a top shelf XM25 parts kit.

Now all that needs to take place is for Jon Wolfe down in North Carolina to build a master piece!

Very excited to see what Jon comes up with.

Ren

Last edited by Renisin; Today at 12:40 PM.