Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2020, 07:52 AM

I'm getting the exact same treatment as kecklc0203 listed above. CMP msg from kscott174 directing me to Smith Blake with an AOLemail.
Old 03-29-2020, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kecklc0203 View Post
Received a PM from kscott174 about a want to buy. No access to the user, no posts and a March join date. Referred me to a friend, Smith Blake with an AOLemail, with a rifle I was looking for. Friend sent pics of a rifle that was nothing like what I was after and pushed me to send money. I wanted an H&R, he sent pics of a 4 digitSpringdield and claimed to be the original owner. Ended up getting a call from Minnesota, the guy claimed to be in Texas.

Seems like a scam to me, be aware if he messages you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey6eod View Post
I'm getting the exact same treatment as kecklc0203 listed above. CMP msg from kscott174 directing me to Smith Blake with an AOLemail.
Guys,
Getting caught up on traffic...this user was banned. As Lucas points out, lots of red flags and probably the same guy(s) making the rounds.
Thanks for letting us know.

Stay safe and healthy,
Rob

CMP Customer / GCA Member / VFW & NRA Life Member

Feedback Thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=137544
Old 05-20-2020, 11:14 PM

Received a PM from "seanparts" regarding my WTB. New member no posts wanting me to contact another off site person at a different email address. jacksonwellington475@gmail.com Not sure but red flags are flying.
Old 05-21-2020, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HateCA View Post
Received a PM from "seanparts" regarding my WTB. New member no posts wanting me to contact another off site person at a different email address. jacksonwellington475@gmail.com Not sure but red flags are flying.
Seanparts reached out to me as well.

My Feedback thread

Looking for SA M1 2417731 - its out there, the CMP sold it in 2012!
Old 05-22-2020, 09:46 AM

Default Same

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSpecial View Post
Seanparts reached out to me as well.
I got the same message. When I was looking for a carbine tool.
Old 06-09-2020, 01:43 PM

I got a private message from Kro101 about a barrel I was searching for. He did the reply to my private email thing. Then when I asked for his zelle info, his name and email were different that what he was communicating with me by. He also sent me a picture of a complete rifle when I asked for pics and told me the TE was a 1 and me was a .5 too good to be true for a 1941 barrel still on a rifle.
OIF 9/2009 - 8/2010 ó OND 8/2010 - 11/2011
"Stay low, Move fast. Kill first, Die Last. One Shot, One Kill. No Luck, Pure Skill."
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 06-13-2020, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBovenzi View Post
I got a private message from Kro101 about a barrel I was searching for. He did the reply to my private email thing.
I also received a PM from Kro101 offering me Colt Commando grips for which I had posted a WTB ad. I asked him to send me pics to my email and when he did the pics were from:https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...rips-293414420

His message was: "If you still want to buy reply directly to my email : cwood19445@gmail.com"
Old 06-20-2020, 04:14 PM

Wondering if I have anything to worry about, let me know your opinion. Got a PM on an item I’m selling. Didn’t realize initially, but it’s from a new forum member, join date June 2020, zero post count. He’s already paid for the item via PayPal. I have an uncomfortable feeling but most of the recent issues noted in this thread seem to be from unsavories responding to WTB ads. Anything to worry about?
Old 06-20-2020, 04:52 PM

Never heard of that happening. Were they a confirmed long time PP user?
Old 06-20-2020, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Password is Taco View Post
Wondering if I have anything to worry about, let me know your opinion. Got a PM on an item Iím selling. Didnít realize initially, but itís from a new forum member, join date June 2020, zero post count. Heís already paid for the item via PayPal. I have an uncomfortable feeling but most of the recent issues noted in this thread seem to be from unsavories responding to WTB ads. Anything to worry about?
Well, you got his money. And you have his name and address. If it is Friend/Family, you should have no worry.

You could report his PM to Big_Red, and he would check the new member out. Little triangle in the PM, top right. Explain your concern.

I've had several transactions like this, and trusting my gut, they all worked out well.

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=200241