Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Auction
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2017, 11:24 PM

Default WRA 2396574 on Auction

I am missing the reason for this rile's current 3k+ bid. I don't think the SN seems to be low enough for an educational rifle, and it doesn;t appear to have correct /collector parts, so I am pretty sure i am missing something?
I am in need of Education, and would be appreciated.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:05 AM

CMP 101...Anything on the CMP auction will climb high!!
Old 04-05-2017, 08:15 AM

As near as I can tell the only WRA part is the receiver. No way it is worth that in my opinion. But the auction gets some crazy numbers.

Feedback Thread
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=167261
Old 04-05-2017, 10:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to Mike in NC

It appears to be an OK, but not even stellar receiver. There have been several WRA mixmasters sell on the CMP forum recently with as nice or nicer receivers for half of that price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodak71 View Post
As near as I can tell the only WRA part is the receiver. No way it is worth that in my opinion. But the auction gets some crazy numbers.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to Mike in NC

Maybe two bidders, one that already owns the serial number one above and the other with the serial number one below this one. Can't figure this one out.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in NC View Post
Maybe two bidders, one that already owns the serial number one above and the other with the serial number one below this one. Can't figure this one out.
I know i'll never be smart, but I feel a little less dumb.

Thanks for the education.
Old 04-06-2017, 08:12 PM

Some CMP supporters have "considerable means", and consider the auction one way to donate - plus they get something they want. That is one reason CMP auction prices often "don't make sense". I wish auction prices were affordable, too. But, I still appreciate the generous "deep pockets" who help CMP be there for all of us, usually with very good prices on priceless historical weapons. I expect their support has kept CMP pricing, in general, at a point where I could afford a few.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenD View Post
Some CMP supporters have "considerable means", and consider the auction one way to donate - plus they get something they want. That is one reason CMP auction prices often "don't make sense". I wish auction prices were affordable, too. But, I still appreciate the generous "deep pockets" who help CMP be there for all of us, usually with very good prices on priceless historical weapons. I expect their support has kept CMP pricing, in general, at a point where I could afford a few.
Thanks and agree. I don't know of any organization that could provide the high quality services, ranges and mentoring of kids without this type of support. I was able to witness some of the air rifle matches at the CMP south and was truly amazed at the difference in respect, focus and self confidence exhibited all of the 100 plus teenage adults.
And shooting at Talladega sure beats the muddy corn field I am used to.
Old 04-09-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in NC View Post
It appears to be an OK, but not even stellar receiver. There have been several WRA mixmasters sell on the CMP forum recently with as nice or nicer receivers for half of that price.
The Field Grade one I got was way cheaper and other than barrel wear, wasn't all that bad. TW of 4 and MW of 2 should be a decent shooter. There is a good Winchester barrel downstairs with pitting to replace the HRA if it isn't.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenD View Post
thank you sir. my thoughts also