Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > How To's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2021, 07:32 PM

Just wanted to post a correction. You cannot make a combined 2/5 round clip. It would have to be one or the other. The nut on one side would interfere with the rounds on the other. I'm going to experiment and see if I can make it work. Eddie
Old 03-03-2021, 01:04 PM

I was asking a game warden about your modification, If itís removable using simple tools, we will not allow it. Must be used in an unaltered condition, to hunt game. I did buy a 5 round unit,one in the chamber and 4 in the clip. The warden was pretty sure you might have issues in other states if your using it to hunt. I havenít hunted with my Garand I normally hunt with my 1903 Sporter, very legal, I got checked once,my feed was in the off position. The warden really liked that!
Old 03-03-2021, 06:51 PM

I know some game wardens can be a little hard nosed about such things but just the fact someone went to the trouble to make the modification show good intent. Also, if you're afield without tools how is the clip readily reversed? Just my thoughts. Eddie
Old 03-04-2021, 01:10 PM

As a Deputy Game Warden I can say that most states require the feeding devise to be a permanent alteration like pinning or welding. The only exception is for water fowl shot guns. The plugs can be removable but only with total disassembly of the firearm. Again it goes back to not being able to alter your firearm or feeding devise in the field. Surprised as you may be, that all these laws are drafted and approved by non-hunters and with heavy advocacy input. But on a side note I always laugh that if you use a 30-30 lever action you can have the whole gun filled with as many rounds it can hold.

I agree with eddie, the best intent is there, but it really depends on that warden that day. I find its just easier to buy and enbloc/ magazine one for the purpose intended and never have to worry. Its not worth getting jammed up.
Old 03-04-2021, 04:25 PM

I don't hunt anymore so the need for a 5 round enbloc is not there. I have to agree that if you are using one for hunting it would be smart to buy one made for that purpose and not worry if you need to show compliance. Thanks for all the input and kind remarks. Eddie

Last edited by epm729; 03-05-2021 at 07:38 AM.
Old 03-05-2021, 06:21 PM

If you have to buy the hardware, 100į countersinks and screws are common in sheet metal use. You get more head surface on thinner parts.