Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2019, 02:24 PM

Default 10/19 NS Report

Arrived 8:10am. 5th in line. Roughly 10-12 people at opening. First few in the door were hoping for a 1917 and from what I heard they were not disappointed. They only had 4 and they were gone in minutes.

Here are the rest to the best of my recollection:

WRA SG- 8 -- almost all CMP Wood, mix of parts, no WRA barrels, one set of lockbars but it was all SA. One Win13. Metal was not great.

WRA FG- 8 -- Unmarked USGI wood. A couple of SA 65 barrels. No WRA barrels. Mix of parts. Looked like FG's

SA FG - 24 -- USGI wood, mostly unmarked. Barrel readings decent for FG's TE's 3/4 and ME's 2/3 not a lot of rust or pitting. A good deal

SA SG -24 -- All CMP wood, very nice barrel readings. several TE-2/1 ME 1/0
Very good to excellent finish. These are cream of the crop SG's. only a couple of higher readings on the barrels.

IHC FG - 15 -- USGI wood. Rough. I saw one with a lot of IHC parts. One with IHC stock but it was also rough.

IHC SG -- 24 -- If you need an IHC to fill out your collection, then these might be ok for you, otherwise a mixed bag. Finish was not stellar and some did not have LMR barrels. Lots of mixed parts. Most all were in the mid 4mil range.

SA- Special Rack Grade 24-- Yuck. Reparked sandblasted pitted(minor) receiver with worn finish parts, bolts and rear sights that did not match the receiver park, and cmp wood. If you are shooting in the dark or alone at the range, you won't be made fun of. Not bad for $650 but I'll take a nice FG as my first shooter over these.

1903's- 12.. these must have been wall flowers from yesterday. scant stocks, dark bores for the most part. Not anything to write home about. barrel wear was about average. A few with nice TE/ME's but stocks and metal finish not the best.

1903A3's-- 8 If you wanted one, you got one and satisfied your itch. Nothing terribly special about them to look at. scant or maybe one or two sanded straight stocks, Decent looking with nice barrels.

Had WW2 slings for $10. You had to pick thru as many were badly rusted, or with some very minor tears, but some nice ones for sure.

I was told this truck came on Tuesday and was a pretty large shipment. they have NO MORE 1917's or 1903A3's or WRA's in the back for restock next week according to the counter persons... I'm not sure if they had a mid day restock today, but doubt it.

I left around 10am with a 5.94m SA SG that is 100 percent correct except for the cmp stock 11-55 SA barrel, TE-1.75 ME-1 and a 2.11m SA FG with 5-52 HRA barrel TE-3.5 ME-1 and modified straight side WRA op rod. it has minor pitting at the woodline at the rear of the receiver but very nice finish and SA DAS Stock.

Last edited by TSimonetti; 10-19-2019 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-19-2019, 04:41 PM

Default Two SGs

I arrived at 8:25am so I did not have to wait long before the doors opened. I mainly went for the 1903s but did not buy one. Instead I ended up with a 5.96m SA SG with an early -1 gas cylinder and a 4.5m IHC SG with correct sights, bolt, barrel, and op rod.

I did see two rack grade specials with Win-13 receivers. Their parts are not refinished so some have a little rust or patina as some might call it. I bet many of the parts would look much better with some cleaning or polishing.

Lots of good stuff there. Everyone was saying it was like the old days. To me the SG rifles were the real gems. You have an opportunity now to find a recent IHC SG. Take advantage of this opportunity because IHCs were very rare for decades at the CMP.

I went to Jaquas in Findlay afterwards and as I was leaving, a customer came in looking for a Garand. I wanted to tell him the CMP NS is about 45 minutes away but that might hurt a potential sale at the store, so I said nothing. It is surprising how many people donít know about the CMP. Anyways Jaquas does have one NM Garand and two Inland carbines if you are interested. They are moving this week to a new location in Findlay.
Old 10-20-2019, 07:15 AM

Any of the SA 5.9's have -56 dated barrels?
Old 10-20-2019, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotSnlB28 View Post
Any of the SA 5.9's have -56 dated barrels?
Yes, I saw one with a 56 barrel, but a couple were early to mid 5.9's with 55 barrels. I recall seeing at least three- 5.9 SG's, but 2 of them sold while I was there.
Old 10-20-2019, 05:33 PM

Probably a good thing you didn't redirect him to the CMP. If he went expecting to fill out a 4473 or hand over an 03 FFL and walk with a Garand, he might be intimidated by the CMP paperwork. Having worked at a gun store, I've seen people get mad over so many things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeal View Post
I went to Jaquas in Findlay afterwards and as I was leaving, a customer came in looking for a Garand. I wanted to tell him the CMP NS is about 45 minutes away but that might hurt a potential sale at the store, so I said nothing. It is surprising how many people donít know about the CMP. Anyways Jaquas does have one NM Garand and two Inland carbines if you are interested. They are moving this week to a new location in Findlay.
Old 10-20-2019, 05:46 PM

I'd love to check out the 1903's but my gun budget is maxed out until I can sell a few safe queens. Even without funds, I'm going drive down on the 31st just to drool. I hope a few remain on the shelves. At least I can afford a bayonet ��
Old 10-20-2019, 07:33 PM

SA SG is serial number 5961708. Barrel is SA 3-56. Gas cylinder is D-35449-SA.

IHC SG is 4520948. Barrel is LMR 6-53.