Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2009, 10:20 AM

Two thoughts that might help, first there is such a thing as reaching critical mass with a gun collection. It is that point where you have so many that the wife can't tell when another one gets added to the collection. Also, if you get caught trying to walk the new one into the house, turn around real quick and just act like you were taking it out of the house. The second suggestion works best after reaching critical mass as described above.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggos View Post
Geez bro, none of my damn business, but WHY are you married?
If I read this correctly you have sports cars, a boat, and an RV she doesn't know about? (Correct me if I am wrong about the cars and RV.)
Hiding such high expenditures can only cause stress, and are you REALLY sure she doesn't know??

Why would you do that to yourself and or her?
If you have all this $$ on these toys and you can't or won't pop for a decent sized safe even if it's in a storage area?

I've been around the block a few times and I do keep my firearms under the radar, but she doesn't ask and I don't make a big deal about it.

Doesn't sound like even a good relationship at all.
JMHO+ YMMV

Flame away guys, I am ready for the flak...
No flame, if you read the entire thread you will see it was very much tongue in cheek. It has been a lot of fun.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plattincreek View Post
Two thoughts that might help, first there is such a thing as reaching critical mass with a gun collection. It is that point where you have so many that the wife can't tell when another one gets added to the collection. Also, if you get caught trying to walk the new one into the house, turn around real quick and just act like you were taking it out of the house. The second suggestion works best after reaching critical mass as described above.
So you are saying when you add a gun walk backwards into the house so she thinks you are leaving.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:21 PM

i do it just like i do it with fishing rods. Take 3 out of the house, come back with 4. With stuff like guns and rods, most wives count them as "one" or "too many".
Old 12-20-2009, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaSafari View Post
So you are saying when you add a gun walk backwards into the house so she thinks you are leaving.
I gotta learn to moonwalk like Michael Jackson? Ain't happening.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:11 PM

I use the Fed-Ex Kinko's near my house to have guns and ammo delivered
Then later they get placed in the safe in the basement!!!!
Every time the wife gets upity I've said if you want to leave I'll help you pack.
There ARE TIMES I wish she would take my offer!!!!!
Old 12-21-2009, 12:36 AM

your buddy at work is getting a devorce and the bit%h is tring to take every thing so he sold them to you for $100
Rem 870 12G
https://www.gunpal.com/gp just like paypal but not anti gun.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-7Ret. View Post
Luckily for me I have an understanding wife. She understands that if I buy a new gun she gets some new Bling. Works so far, I've got 14 Garands, two Carbines, four shotguns, and a safe full of handguns.

Of course, I may be understating the price I paid for the guns a little.
i gess those are some pritty expensive guns
Rem 870 12G
https://www.gunpal.com/gp just like paypal but not anti gun.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:10 PM

All i do is call fedex and pick it up when i get out of work, then sneak it in to my hideout in the basment once she falls asleep.... they have to sleep sometime you know! Plus i do the bills in the house so she doesnt know its coming. Once its in "thats been here ive showed you this a hundered times" if i get questioned.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaSafari View Post
I now have 4 and my wife thinks I have one. I am ok as long as I take out 1 at a time. I did manage to get 2 out to take pictures without getting caught but had to put them back quickly. I really would like to get all 4 out at once but can't seem to make it happen.

Now to compound the problem I can't fit all the guns in my safe so I have to lock them in a closet, she is now getting suspicious of the closet. I really don't want to have to rent a storage area to keep the guns in. I had to do this with my sports car collection and it has gotten expensive. I have to leave the house in my pickup go to the rented garage and park the tuck and take one of the sports cars out for a drive. This could get complicated because I also have a sailboat boat she doesn't know about in a slip at the lake. So if I want to go for a ride and shooting then for a sail I have to make a lot of stops. I forgot to mention the RV I have stored at the self storage lot. I guess I could store the carbines on the boat or the rv but that doesn't seem like a wise idea.

I need some advice from some of you older and sneaker veterans of carbine collecting.
Get a life get a pair or just get the divorce over with you would be in worse shape than Tiger Wood's if your wife had a clue Before I got married I told the wife I got a race car guns boat I like to hunt and fish alot if its going to be a problem just save the both of us the headache down the road if any of that will be a problem she has been great I let her do what she does and she lets me do what I do no promlems