Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2013, 06:09 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to jaw1947

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosinnewbe View Post
Congratulations!

Is the shipping to save on tax?

Also thanks for info on the LMR barrels. I didn't know that. I'll have to check that out further. I have no idea what to look for other than a mark of some kind. Is it a punch mark?

From HRA SGS

Last edited by jaw1947; 07-22-2013 at 06:11 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:17 PM

Thanks for the picture showing the letters LMR... I was pretty sick at first thinking I should have been looking for peen marks instead.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:23 PM

Thank you for the photo.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob moore View Post
There is a whole warehouse of unopened crates. They are not gone.
Record sales and the shipping of rifles to the National Matches are running way ahead of inspections/production.
Give them a couple of months to catch up.
I keep hearing of these multitudes yet to be unpacked..I'm not buyin it..The last year some of the rifles have been showing up with parts on them that would indicate they are putting rifles together with what they have left..Don't ya think for National Match time they would have gotten a bunch together to showcase at Perry..I think the end is more near than most..Yes I know the Carbine story when they were out then a bunch showed up...but six months or so after that..the carbines really were gone...I'm just sayin..Oh and when is that mother load coming to the National Matches?? I say it's not happenin..Yes I know some ultra-important person has seen these warehouses full out west..hmm

Northland Sportsmen's Club, 2018 President
CMP Match Chairman
NRA Highpower Rifle Chairman
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Chief Range Officer

Last edited by GarandGrabber; 07-23-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarandGrabber View Post
I keep hearing of these multitudes yet to be unpacked..I'm not buyin it..The last year some of the rifles have been showing up with parts on them that would indicate they are putting rifles together with what they have left..Don't ya think for National Match time they would have gotten a bunch together to showcase at Perry..I think the end is more near than most..Yes I know the Carbine story when they were out then a bunch showed up...but six months or so after that..the carbines really were gone...I'm just sayin..Oh and when is that mother load coming to the National Matches?? I say it's not happenin..Yes I know some ultra-important person has seen these warehouses full out west..hmm
I ran out to North store today (nice talking with those which showed up early) and again, there was nothing new; no new SG's or FG's. Saw the twins as well.

I went ahead and bit the bullet and purchased an HR SGS with a 479xxxx receiver serial. Stock is new and there's one area where something pushed up against it and indented it (may be able to steam it out), but overall, very nice. Have a weekend clean-up project but can't wait to try this thing out.

Last edited by Spook_Man; 07-23-2013 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Corrected serial.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:42 PM

Was that a 466... something?
Old 07-23-2013, 07:03 PM

That's a 46 THOUSAND something SGS ???

You didn't meet a French Model on the internet, did you ?
Old 07-23-2013, 07:32 PM

466xxxx?
Old 07-24-2013, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook_Man View Post
I ran out to North store today (nice talking with those which showed up early) and again, there was nothing new; no new SG's or FG's. Saw the twins as well.

I went ahead and bit the bullet and purchased an HR SGS with a 479xxxx receiver serial. Stock is new and there's one area where something pushed up against it and indented it (may be able to steam it out), but overall, very nice. Have a weekend clean-up project but can't wait to try this thing out.
Congratulations..They are really nice rifles..now start taking back your soda bottles and throw that HRA Stock on there..Check those CMP stocks close for fit..If you steam that dent be prepared to do a refinish on the stock..wouldn't hurt anyway..they can turn out to be quite nice looking stocks

Northland Sportsmen's Club, 2018 President
CMP Match Chairman
NRA Highpower Rifle Chairman
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Chief Range Officer

Last edited by GarandGrabber; 07-24-2013 at 03:35 AM.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook_Man View Post

I carried that one around a long time Sunday before choosing the one I brought home with me. Kind of wish I had got it anyway since I plan to rework my stock later on anyway.
You did get the best looking stock in the house, very nice grain in that walnut.