Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2020, 07:42 PM

Default USMC Property MC-58 marked value

I was wondering the going price for a USMC Property MC-58?

What I can see the rifle is in very good condition. Everything original, no rust, 1x magazine and stock has no cracks/ repairs/ very little dings, sights are excellent, bore is excellent as well. In virgin state.

Pics can be found here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/134937...57713132569056

Mike

Last edited by gaterbaitii; 02-16-2020 at 11:13 AM.
Old 02-15-2020, 06:08 AM

Price is tough to call because they come up for sale so infrequently. I have looked for one for years and have only seen one or two of them on the market. Rock Island Auction had one last year that went for an extraordinarily high price because it came from a famous collection but I regard that as an anomaly. You are lucky to have a chance at one and I would grab it if you can afford it. Does it have CMP documentation?
Old 02-15-2020, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siegfried View Post
Price is tough to call because they come up for sale so infrequently. I have looked for one for years and have only seen one or two of them on the market. Rock Island Auction had one last year that went for an extraordinarily high price because it came from a famous collection but I regard that as an anomaly. You are lucky to have a chance at one and I would grab it if you can afford it. Does it have CMP documentation?

No CMP documentation, but I could always pay CMP to check.

Yeah, they don’t come up for sale too often for me to get an accurate value. I’m going to be looking at it again here in a few hours.

Last edited by gaterbaitii; 07-24-2020 at 04:13 AM.
Old 02-15-2020, 06:34 AM

At under a grand I would run, not walk, to snag it. That is a great deal, congratulations.
Old 02-15-2020, 06:49 AM

I know right and thank you if I do get it. Iím not trying to get too excited before I thoroughly inspect it. You know how that goes when you first see a gun you want and your overly excited and miss certain things that you thought were good, lol.
Old 02-15-2020, 09:09 AM

I would consider any under 2k a great deal.
Old 02-15-2020, 10:47 AM

Well I picked it up. Iíll post some pics today sometime Iím surprised I found one locally.
Old 02-16-2020, 09:22 AM

Congrats Gater. I saw that Friday and was amazed at the price. We live in the same area. Look forward to seeing pictures. Very extensive thread here. https://forums.gunboards.com/showthr...SMC-22-Trainer)

Has an individual who is close to publishing a book.
Old 02-16-2020, 11:13 AM

Thx Snowbound. I will upload a link with a few photos. Not the best quality and lighting since it is gloomy here in Panhandle Florida right now. When I looked over it I did find a couple of minor things I did not notice. There was a minute ding on the lower front sight ring ( if that’s what you want to call it), rear broke sight screw that I removed (easy to replace) and a couple of dings, the butt plate had some wear at the top and bottom. Other than that, the stock has regular artificial marks from handling and the metal under the stock is in dark excellent condition as expect.

I did read every post that was available on the internet and did remove the butt plate to see if it had anything written or stamped to whom might have used it after the USMC got rid of them. It only had the number 62 stamped on the stock and butt plate.

Is there anything else should I look for or check out?

Mike

Last edited by gaterbaitii; 07-24-2020 at 04:14 AM.
Old 02-16-2020, 12:40 PM

The folks on the link are the experts. I regularly shoot my 165 Leatherneck on the Escambia Range (ERGC). I'm there most Saturdays shooting by 8. I have a basic two page disassembly/assembly instruction for the 65/165. Rainy day in Pace.