Comment

• jimthompson502002
      • Nov 2009

https://b34da70920f9-006155.vbulleti...leather-slings
      No good deed goes unpunished!

Comment

• jimthompson502002
        • Nov 2009

Been having lots of sign-on and other issues with this site. Anyone sends me a PM, please take an even MORE literal tack, please, on my admonition to use e-mail for details, affirmation, and so on. Especially if you need tracking. The "lost message" advisory is more real now than ever. On a positive note, I am now getting PM's and posting notices from June.
        Last edited by jimthompson502002; 07-15-2023, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• kbrock1
          • Jul 2013

PM sent

Comment

• jimthompson502002
            • Nov 2009

Got some more heavy duty slings, and am pondering putting the G.I. style, continuously curved hooks on a couple of them. Price would be fairly high, about fifty bucks, and I'd neatsfoot them before shipping out. Might even be more. Would use an even sturdier rivet setup, not strictly the G.I. pattern.

Any thoughts? I think I'd use blackened steel hooks.

Comment

• jimthompson502002
              • Nov 2009

O.K., have the reddish, heavy duty, pressed finish/satin dyed premium slings, neatsfooted back ( "rough" ) and should stretch less than most others. A great looking unit, put 20 shots in my flickr.com collection. Works best to sign in so all features and closeups, etc., etc., can be used.

$34.00 a pop. Yes, stitched keepers, heavy blackened steel fittings/hooks, elliptical holes. They'll be shipped a little damp. The opening link is to the front page of my flickr.com collection page. These will also be on auction sites, as I have WAY too much of this stuff for my new, "simplfied" life.

These should be REAL durable. Reduced security level at 4:20 central daylight time, so anyone can view. But it's still preferable to sign in.

https://www.flickr.com/photos_user.gne?path=&nsid=15631192%40N04&page=1&d etails=1

https://www.flickr.com/photos/156311...in/photostream

Look around in the files, if you wish. I'll ship bagged in paper towel. Only have four, and I won't replace those unless something very weird happens.
              Last edited by jimthompson502002; 07-28-2023, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• jimthompson502002
                • Nov 2009

O.K. Set it up so anyone can view, lowered "security", but it's STILL better to sign in because that allows access to the rest of the features. By the way, this is a vastly better setup than the fly-by-nights, even if one goes with the free version. I pay for the "professional" level, because I need it.

Comment

• Trenton1776
                  • Feb 2022

Just recently purchased 4 slings from Jim, including 3 premiums and one of his newer pressed/dyed and treated slings. All are great quality and new pressed one should hold up well in moderate use in match/CMP games shooting . Great guy to do business with.
                  " Were gonna cross this damm river"

Comment

• jimthompson502002
                    • Nov 2009

Yes, the new backside treated, pressed finish units seem to be going over better than I expected. Should mention I have plenty of the JT&L 1942 and Rock Island 1918.

Comment

• jimthompson502002
                      • Nov 2009

Bad news is they don't "fatigue" well in the sense of looking old. Good news is, they stretch less because of the pressure drum finish on the "satin finish" side, and should work better for shooters who used tight forearm wraps. Oh, they'll still stretch, but it should be a much slower process. The newish "KERR CO. 1917" have the same surface, so they look much less authentic, but should hold up to match wraps far better. I picked up some old, traditional finish KERR CO. 1917 which will be conditioned for future use. Stay tuned!!
                      Last edited by jimthompson502002; 10-06-2023, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• jimthompson502002
                        • Nov 2009

Specials are ongoing, by the way, as of now.

Comment

• jimthompson502002
                          • Nov 2009

NEW GOODIES. Only have three.

They're premiums at the standard premium price.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/156311...photostream​

Comment

• jimthompson502002
                            • Nov 2009

All the "two for I pick 'em" specials are still valid, at least for a while. I have too much stuff, to the extent I am losing stuff fairly regularly and finding it MUCH later.

Comment

• jimthompson502002
                              • Nov 2009

Sufficient reparations and groveling have resulted in seeming to acquire a brand, new squeaky clean PAYPAL account. I am not yet sure as of 11-2-2023 that it works, mind you, and it goes to a very ancient e-mail address I.D. But with these many smallish transactions, it could expedite things considerably. It's difficult to collate some times what is considered dangerous and a firearm by some folks. Anyway, that might help some!!

Comment

• jimthompson502002
                                • Nov 2009

I am unsure of my status with PayPal, which I was told last night in an unusual e-mail was cancelled. I followed procedure, contacted their customer service, and was told "nothing was amiss or unusual" and so on. This may have been part of a very clever, sophisticated hacking attempt, so until I know more and to a certainty, I will proceed with caution. I have family members in IT and Internet Security, and have been told there are slick attacks on these electronic payment systems peaking RIGHT NOW ( just before Thanksgiving 2023) . For now, it's best to discuss beforehand.

Everything bound to move is now in transit. Have a great Thanksgiving, and try to remember what I so often forget: you don't really need that fourth piece of high calorie pie.​ Or all that ice cream. Then again......

Comment

Working...
                                X