Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2018, 10:16 AM

Most are in service condition,some post did not clean them much and have dark bores. Some were taken better care of and have very nice bores and readings. Most have honest wear from years of honor guard work at ceremonys and blank firing. Mine is v.g. with honest wear and all Remington correct with no rebluid.Right as rain. %80-85 cond. With new barrel readings. Some were rehabs ,some not. A good solid rifle thanks to C.M.P. and great staff. Supply should run out soon only one pallet to sell.Maybe 75 rifles ,half gone already.

Last edited by bandofM1; 08-02-2018 at 05:06 PM.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandofM1 View Post
Most are in service condition,some post did not clean them much and have dark bores. Some were taken bettet care of and have very nicd bores and readys. Most have honest wear from years of honor guard work at ceremonys and blank firing. Mine is v.g. with honest wear and all Remington correct with no rebluid.Right as rain. %80-85 cond. With new barrel readings. Some were rehabs ,some not. A good solid rifle thanks to C.M.P. and great staff. Supply should run out soon only one pallet to sell.Maybe 75 rifles ,half gone already.
Any photos of yours?
Old 08-02-2018, 11:20 AM

I do not post hosting sites. She is nice. Good greenish tint. Aged oringinal finish ,been there done that,honored many vets. GOD Bless there souls!
Old 08-02-2018, 12:23 PM

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=32373
Old 08-02-2018, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBR63 View Post
Went last Sunday and purchased this Remington 03-A3. I couldn't get there until just after 10am and there were two A3s remaining, both American Legion guns from the same post. Both were electro-penciled on the magazine cover and side of the receiver. The one I brought home is actually all original except for the scant stock according to JBs records. The cool factor to me is actually knowing where this rifle spent some time. I live in Ohio and the American Legion post is located in Bellefontaine, Ohio. I am currently in contact with them to gather any info they may have.

I am seriously considering turning this into an A4gery due to the great barrel and scant stock its already sitting in: the fact that it is electro-penciled weighs in on this decision as well.

Pics at the link below

https://imgur.com/a/x17XyT9
Please do not drill that beautiful rifle!
Old 08-03-2018, 04:33 PM

Decided to make a trip up. There were about 13 people by 6:30 and about 30+ at opening. There were 10 03-A3s, and all but one were gone about 10 seconds after the door opened. The one left was not in the best shape with more muzzle and bore wear, but still decent. It was only on the rack for a minute or two. Overall, most of the A3s I saw were very decent with good readings, a few with dark bores.
They still had the racks of M1's mentioned in the 7-31 report. There were a few of them that were sold.

They said tomorrow will probably be the last day for the A3s.

Here is the one I got. All Remington parts with some pretty wood on it. Readings were 1,1. It has what appears to be the original 7-43 barrel on it correct for date of manufacture.

Old 08-03-2018, 06:36 PM

Nice rifle extractr. Congrats
Old 08-04-2018, 07:26 PM

Default 03A3s

I was there two different mornings, saw the same guys both mornings. They headed straight to the 03s, one of them grabbed 3 rifles in a bear hug. I was pretty upset that "grown men" would act that way. I'm pretty sure that their only intent was to resell them for profit.
Just my .02$ worth.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:51 PM

To fix this problem, just raise the price to 1200.00 dollars. Those guys will think twice at that price.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:03 PM

I’ve seen, the hoard them in the corner gang before. They’re ridiculous!!