Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Match AR
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2018, 05:47 PM

Default Anyone using the leupold vxr

Hello all. Im getting very close to purchasing a new optic for ATC. I really want to go high end but funding disagrees. Ive set my mind on leupolds vxr with upgraded m1 turrets and a 400yd parallax. So, my question. Has anyone here put the vxr into competitive use?
Old 11-09-2018, 07:27 PM

I don't have a Leopold, so I can't give you specific feedback. But I do have a Vortex PST. Like you, I thought I wanted to go high end, but my budget said otherwise. As it turns out, I couldn't be happier with my scope. I can't imagine that the Nightforce and March level scopes bring enough to the table to be worth it. Not knocking their product...simply stating, the Vortex and Leopold level scopes work perfectly for what we need them to do.
Old 11-10-2018, 11:22 PM

I am using a VXR and has worked well for me so far. I plan on sending mine out soon to get the M1 turrets put on. I don’t plan on having the parallax changed. Even though this scope is new to me, I was able to shoot a 481 at the EIC match in Vermont. So far I have a lot of confidence in this scope. A guy I know shot a 476 at the same match with his VXR. My 2 cents.

Trigger
Old 11-11-2018, 08:20 AM

I have been running the VXR patrol - box stock. No Problems- no regrets- every 3 clicks gets me 1.08 MOA. Use a lens cap with a hole in it on the ocular to deal with parallax. I am shooting expert and breaking into master- this scope is not what’s holding me back. If night force glass quality is a 5, the leupold VXR is a 4.5- or si I have read on the inter web!
Old 12-08-2018, 04:30 PM

I have been shooting a Leupold Mark AR 1x4 with good success. Ordered a fixed 4 power FXII with M1 turrets and 400 yard parallax from the Leupold custom shop. Just took it out of the box to mount it and the elevation reticle is broken. Never even mounted or fired. Very annoying, as now it has to go back to Leupold on my nickel. We need to trust our equipment to shoot good scores and now I will worry about that reticle breaking again during a match...
Old 12-08-2018, 05:02 PM

My first scope since the optics change was a Leupold VXR. It flat did not track. This was proven to my satisfaction, and many other folks had problems with that model as well. On the national match forum, there were several threads that dealt with this.

I will not buy another Leupold product again in my life. It has become a terrible company.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindLogik View Post
My first scope since the optics change was a Leupold VXR. It flat did not track. This was proven to my satisfaction, and many other folks had problems with that model as well. On the national match forum, there were several threads that dealt with this.

I will not buy another Leupold product again in my life. It has become a terrible company.
Well, thats just down right disappointing as I now have it in my possession. Without the optic mounted, it appears to be top notch. Crystal clear. If this optic fails to track properly.... Well, im??? Going to be bummed!
Old 12-09-2018, 07:26 AM
GSM Master Instructor

I have one of the original WHite Oak Armament VX-R scopes, with CMP reticle, and it has been aces. It goes where I click it every time.
Mike B
Old 12-15-2018, 11:37 AM

I've used mine for three years with no issues.
Distinguished Rifleman #2227
President's Hundred
Old 12-28-2018, 08:24 AM

Thought I should update everyone on warranty repair status of my FXII custom shop order. A Leupold custom shop guy named Bobby called me back yesterday with status of my repair. He said that they are staying pretty busy, but would put their best technician on my scope and try to get it back to me next week. Holiday staffing has slowed them down a bit. Bobby was most honest and apologetic. I am in the aerospace business and even though we all work very hard at QA, stuff sometimes happens. It's a companies attitude about catching mistakes and correcting them that makes them successful (or not).