Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask CMP
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 04:11 PM

Default Help... Please

On 15 November, my son and I visited the South Store where I purchased two Garands; a CMP Special in .308 built on a 1942 Winchester receiver and a SA Field Grade rebuilt by Tooele in 1966.

I was given one "package" consisting of the manual, extra clip and target for the Special. I was told that they were out of packages and one for the FG SA would be mailed to me the following day.

Returning from an out of town trip a couple of weeks later, I expected the package to be there. It wasn't.

I emailed customer service with the details; no reply.

I called and spoke with sales at the South Store and was transferred to shipping where I left a message. No call back.

What do I need to do to receive the promised package?
Old 12-14-2018, 08:32 PM

Call again?
How long since you left the message?

Zvenoman's Feedback Thread
Old 12-15-2018, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvenoMan View Post
Call again?
How long since you left the message?
I sent the email to customer service on the morning of 6 December. It was detailed with all the information needed to verify what I bought and when.

I called the South Store Sales Dept. on 11 December after not hearing from CS. I was transferred to the Shipping Dept. where no one answered and I left a message with my call-back number.

No reply from either CS or the person at the Shipping Dept.

I spent well over $2,000 on two Garands, 100 Creedmoor .30-06 cartridges, a bayonet and slings.

It's not a life or death situation but I was promised that a package would be sent and I'd like to have it. The biggest disappointment is the lack of response from both parties I've contacted. If there's a reason it hasn't been sent I'd at least like the courtesy of a reply.

All of my past dealings with the CMP over many years have been more than satisfactory so this baffles me somewhat.
Old 12-15-2018, 12:08 PM

Based on your 7 years participation in this forum, which do you think is more likely: CMP doesn’t care about your business, or someone either forgot or simply hasn’t gotten to this on their list?
This is probably their busiest week, and follows a weeklong match at TMP where many of the staff was working.
Do they complete every task and request 100% to our satisfaction? Of course not, but their reputation for service is rather well known.

The process to call you is about as long as the process to ship your items.
Call them next week and repirt bact to us how they handled your issue.
JH

Zvenoman's Feedback Thread
Old 12-15-2018, 12:22 PM

This has to be a real world problem. 30 days without the book, extra clip and target.

Send me a PM with your address and I will mail all this stuff for free. That way you don't have to go through all the emails and phone tag.

Now back to where is my random number.

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=200241

Last edited by Kansas Poster; 12-15-2018 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-15-2018, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvenoMan View Post
Based on your 7 years participation in this forum, which do you think is more likely: CMP doesn’t care about your business, or someone either forgot or simply hasn’t gotten to this on their list?
This is probably their busiest week, and follows a weeklong match at TMP where many of the staff was working.
Do they complete every task and request 100% to our satisfaction? Of course not, but their reputation for service is rather well known.

The process to call you is about as long as the process to ship your items.
Call them next week and repirt bact to us how they handled your issue.
JH
I'll let you know what happens. In the past, my dealings with the CMP have all been great. Customer Service has always replied quickly; never more than 24 hours later. Their reputation for good service is well earned and that's why this is baffling.

I have just resent the same email that I sent to customer service on 6 December so we'll see if I get a reply. A copy of the email is below with my personal information deleted.

"Dear Sir/Mam,

On 15 November, 2018, I visited the South Store and purchased two Garands; a CMP Special in .308, Winchester # 2359682 and Field Grade Springfield Armory # 450517.

The Winchester came with the package of a target, booklet, one clip etc. They were out then and I was promised that one would be mailed to me for the Springfield.

My wife and I left town a few days later and I expected the package to be there when we returned. It wasn't.

Please send one to me at your convenience.

Thank you,"
Old 12-15-2018, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Poster View Post
This has to be a real world problem. 30 days without the book, extra clip and target.

Send me a PM with your address and I will mail all this stuff for free. That way you don't have to go through all the emails and phone tag.

Now back to where is my random number.
Your generous offer is appreciated but I'll wait awhile and see how it goes with the CMP.
Old 12-15-2018, 05:59 PM

Sir, I will pass this to the Customer Service Supervisor on Monday
Old 12-19-2018, 06:06 PM

Default Two Thumbs Up for CMP

FedEx delivered the Garand package that I asked about in a previous thread last week. Thanks to all who made it possible. It's very much appreciated.
Closed Thread