Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Talladega Marksmanship Park
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2015, 12:00 PM

Default Electronic Target Scoring Rules

The following electronic target scoring rules have been posted to the CMP website: http://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads...oringRules.pdf

These rules will govern the actions taken during matches shot at the Talladega Marksmanship Park.
Old 09-08-2015, 04:00 PM

Thanks.

Like all, I hope 3.4 doesn't happen in an EIC Match.

the rest looks like ISO SOP documentation and is good to have.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:47 AM

Default The Boogie Man

I am just back from the GCA convention and had a good time. The point of this post is late or "saved" rounds.
I fired my rapid stage and was admiring my group and score, when a line official (boogie man) came over and informed us that my last shot was after the time expired and would not count.

Quite a disappointment. My scorer argued that he was watching the clock and my shot broke just as it was going from :01 to :00, but another official who was watching said the shot broke when zero was showing. While I accepted it, my scorer and the line official argued as if I was pitching a fit!

I can't remember when I last saved a round and with 80 seconds is something you almost have to do on purpose!

Anyway, I was most shaken and retired not wanting to shoot offhand while stewing over my misfortune, which was thinking I had a good string and then hearing "just kidding."

Later that day I spoke with Mr. Heuman about it and said they were working with Kongsberg on making late shots show up in red or something similar.

Next time I will be watching the clock as well as my group! Thus the growing pains of electronic targets!

Regards, Ray

Last edited by Ray Brandes; 09-28-2015 at 05:49 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-28-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Brandes View Post
I am just back from the GCA convention and had a good time. The point of this post is late or "saved" rounds.
I fired my rapid stage and was admiring my group and score, when a line official (boogie man) came over and informed us that my last shot was after the time expired and would not count.

Quite a disappointment. My scorer argued that he was watching the clock and my shot broke just as it was going from :01 to :00, but another official who was watching said the shot broke when zero was showing. While I accepted it, my scorer and the line official argued as if I was pitching a fit!

I can't remember when I last saved a round and with 80 seconds is something you almost have to do on purpose!

Anyway, I was most shaken and retired not wanting to shoot offhand while stewing over my misfortune, which was thinking I had a good string and then hearing "just kidding."

Later that day I spoke with Mr. Heuman about it and said they were working with Kongsberg on making late shots show up in red or something similar.

Next time I will be watching the clock as well as my group! Thus the growing pains of electronic targets!

Regards, Ray
I feel your pain. I was off to my best start ever with firing a personal best in slow prone of 98 2X, then came rapid fire. I was target 32 on relay 1. You may or may not remember the line officer on the loud speaker after time expired come on and say, "Target 32's last 3 shots were after time expired and will not count". Now I knew I had a mishap with my shooting glasses, and couldn't see well after my first 4 or 5 shots, I could not see my front sight post clearly, SUCKS getting old-eyes! But, both me and my verifyer only questioned the 10th round, that went bang right as cease fire was called. So I had a 66 for the seven shots fired. I was very disappointed, but there was no fault, but for my own misfortune. Life goes on, and I was still happy to come 2 points shy of a clean slow prone. Next time rapids will go better I'm sure.
Love the John C Garand Highpower Range at CMP Talladega Park. I'll be back for sure. And the CMP staff are first class all the way, and I had a great time being at the convention.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:35 AM

Yep, I was relay 2 on target 36 and I recall being surprised at 3 late rounds belng called as I had not noticed any obvious late rounds, much less three.