Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2016, 10:01 AM

Default 1/14/2016 report

Nada.
Old 01-14-2016, 10:09 AM

Agh...anyone ever hear anything about how often the NS gets shipments from down south?
Old 01-14-2016, 08:57 PM

No truck info, just honest assessment from guys at NS that SS is stocked better. Not even close. The C's and D's have been in house at NS for many, many months. Probable 20-40% overpriced.
Old 01-14-2016, 09:05 PM

He told me today there were more M1D's on the way!
I brought a overpriced one home today.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Arrow View Post
No truck info, just honest assessment from guys at NS that SS is stocked better. Not even close. The C's and D's have been in house at NS for many, many months. Probable 20-40% overpriced.
Would you elaborate on what makes you think the Cs or Ds are overpriced by 20-40%? Where can i find a "regular" market price for those rifle? Not trying to sitr, just want to discuss. Thanks.
Old 01-25-2016, 06:56 PM

When the CMP announces there are no more field or service grade "regular" M1s the Ds will fly off the racks. Think about it, where or what condition rifle are you going to buy on the open market for $900 or $1200. Dont know if or when this may happen. But the sickness will need to be medicated. This is just my opinion, $900 for most any M1 is not a terrible deal, let alone a D.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mriflenut View Post
When the CMP announces there are no more field or service grade "regular" M1s the Ds will fly off the racks. Think about it, where or what condition rifle are you going to buy on the open market for $900 or $1200. Dont know if or when this may happen. But the sickness will need to be medicated. This is just my opinion, $900 for most any M1 is not a terrible deal, let alone a D.
I thought the D, starting with the field grade at $1235? The rack grade is indeed 900ish...
Old 01-26-2016, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mriflenut View Post
This is how it will playout:

"Those sniper rifles are over priced; they sit in the racks for weeks on end and no one pays the slightest bit of attention to them. The CMP needs to lower the prices otherwise they'll never sell them...They'll sit there forever to the point that the building will decay and eventually collapse around them."

Then one day the CMP will send out an announcement stating that after looking through their entire inventory, the supply of M1 sniper rifles is now limited to what is currently in stock and no more can be expected.

As if by magic...

"I was at the store and watched as those M1 sniper rifles flew off the shelves. Some guys were buying two, or even three...No doubt for resale (then, as a sort of public service, he will cut and paste the purchase agreement as though no one here in the forum has ever seen it before). "I'm telling you that they way guys are buying them, the sniper rifles are underpriced and the CMP needs to place strict limits on them so that they will remain on the shelves for a good long time so that everyone has a chance to buy them. I want my grandson the be able to buy an M1D direct from the CMP (I'm too damned cheap to simply buy one for him right now and set it aside). If they can't place a limit on sniper rifle sales, then they need to RAISE THE PRICE to slow down sales."

Last edited by MTC29; 01-26-2016 at 12:10 AM.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:34 PM

I am curious to know if all of the M1D's at the stores were made by Springfield.
Has anyone noticed any Winchester, H&R's or IHC"s in the store racks?
Old 01-27-2016, 07:04 PM

I was there just before Christmas and picked up every rifle on the racks. All the Ds were SA, some with open box SA over RA stocks and some with what appeared to me to be NOS barrels.serial numbers from low six digit to 3.x . Handled every C also. Remember one having what appeared to be an original 1945 dated barrel. Found a pair seven numbers apart, and another 25 away from the one I have. Sure was hoping to find consecutive numbers.